Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Storm! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/storm-t148353.html)

girliegirl 08-27-2011 03:41 PM

well every channel is the news...... my two dogs are pacing the floors, my cat is like are you dogs for real? gotta love her.... the humidity is much nicer now.... nice breeze and i am getting my sewing caught up!

donnajean 08-27-2011 03:47 PM

We have been getting torrential downpours for a couple hours now here in southeast PA & the wind is picking up, so can't open windows. Looks like I'm sleeping on the couch tonight as they are warning us to stay off 2nd floors because of the trees coming down. Our ground was saturated from the wettest August on record before Irene knocked on our doorstep. It will be a rough night as they are also assuring us that we will be without power somewhere in the middle of the night.

craftybear 08-27-2011 03:47 PM

I got some unscented dryer sheets and rub on the back of the neck on my dog, and now she is not scrared of storms

tried this the other night and she was fine while the storm was here, she actually went to the window and watched it instead of pacing up and down the floor

girliegirl 08-27-2011 03:50 PM

dryer sheets??? hmmmm

Originally Posted by craftybear
I got some unscented dryer sheets and rub on the back of the neck on my dog, and now she is not scrared of storms

tried this the other night and she was fine while the storm was here, she actually went to the window and watched it instead of pacing up and down the floor

girliegirl 08-27-2011 03:51 PM

Donna!! in the mail! but maybe i should of put it in a bottle and sent it downstream!

Originally Posted by donnajean
We have been getting torrential downpours for a couple hours now here in southeast PA & the wind is picking up, so can't open windows. Looks like I'm sleeping on the couch tonight as they are warning us to stay off 2nd floors because of the trees coming down. Our ground was saturated from the wettest August on record before Irene knocked on our doorstep. It will be a rough night as they are also assuring us that we will be without power somewhere in the middle of the night.

donnajean 08-27-2011 03:58 PM

Yes, that's why the flooding is so bad down here. All the water from upstream flows down to here.

Originally Posted by girliegirl
Donna!! in the mail! but maybe i should of put it in a bottle and sent it downstream!

girliegirl 08-27-2011 04:15 PM

well if they would stop all the building up the land we wouldn't have this ............ the rain has no where to go!

Yes, that's why the flooding is so bad down here. All the water from upstream flows down to here.

Originally Posted by girliegirl

Carron 08-27-2011 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear

This is something that I have not heard before....Just why does this have such an effect?

Yosamitesa 08-27-2011 04:23 PM

I hope everyone is safe!!!

Barbm 08-27-2011 04:36 PM

raining in NE PA. Doing a major back up at work on the 4 computers before I leave. There's a creek across the street- they did some major work on it this summer, but I want to be sure my data is safe.

Stay safe everyone!