Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Stuck in airport/train station? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/stuck-airport-train-station-t85678.html)

Cybrarian 12-28-2010 06:19 AM

I'm not, but have been in the past (with groups of bored students!). Hope you can mentally escape to your stash or better "virtually" add to it by escaping to here and online shops. Hope gridlock ends for you soon. Be safe!

Japonica 12-28-2010 06:28 AM

No, thank goodness

raptureready 12-28-2010 06:31 AM

Never travel without a book or two, a deck of cards or some small non-electronic game of some sort, and snacks such as trail mix, peanuts, granola, or breakfast bars. We seldom fly anywhere, we drive to where we want to go, but the same holds true even more so for car travel. When traveling with children I always pack a "goodie bag"---snacks, crayons, activity books, small magnetic games, etc. It just makes for nicer trips. I even pack one for myself--- projects that need hand sewing, quilting magazines or books, snacks, etc. I really feel for these people and can't imagine being stuck in an airport for days on end.

sally's girl 12-28-2010 07:34 AM

In 1997 took off from airprot in vegas to come home.....just to return to airport because of plane problem. was a very long night...no cots or blankets just those unconfortable chair or the floor... but better safe than in a crash.

phatquilts 12-28-2010 07:39 AM

On the newscasts, there are people who have been stuck for over 10 hours on the expressways. How horrible for them and the children or anybody for that matter.

Maride 12-28-2010 07:40 AM

I was just reading about this couple from Brooklyn who were stuck in a subway, above ground, all night long, he was dressed lightly because was coming back from Cancun and was wet because before he got on the train he tried to get his car out of the long term parking. It took them 18 hours to travel 14 miles, just because it was snowing in NYC. You would imagine that it has snowed in NYC since the beginning of times, systems should by now be created to be able to go on with our lives while it is snowing. Other countries have underground walkways, we only have dirty train tracks. Is amazing.

Yesterday morning I saw people cleaning their cars for hours just to see the snow plows push the snow back against their cars. Then they finally moved the cars out, to get it stuck in a snow bank few feet down the road and had to leave it there to be towed and get a fine for it.

My neighbor had to move his car to go get milk because the store near by is too expensive. Ended up getting the car into a snow bank and he will have to pay a couple hundreds to get it towed out. Just to save a few pennies.

The longest I have been stuck is one hour in a plane in Toronto and it was not fun.

sueisallaboutquilts 12-28-2010 09:14 PM

I don't go anywhere w/o my Ipod. It's the most entertaining item I have :D