Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   suggestion for trades and/or sales (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/suggestion-trades-sales-t143808.html)

lynnsim 08-09-2011 07:45 AM

I've recently done some trades here (also have been buying). I've not had any bad experiences, just wanted to pass along an observation. Have you noticed that sometimes our IDs do not match our real names? It has taken me a while sometimes to figure out who the trade came from or even who I had bought from? Please, please add your ID to the package somewhere.
Also, I have an example. Yesterday, I rec'd several trades. I do keep a list on my computer so I was able to match up. However, I rec'd an extra envelope from gollytwo. The reason I know this is she sent a note from the info. We didn't trade; she just sent me the I Spy squares for my two DGD's quilts as a PIF. Wasn't that wonderful of her? But it was even better that she sent that note.
I do hope that when anyone receives my package, they can figure out who I am. I try to send a card that says lynnsim. However, my ID is close to my name, lol.
I know it's bad that I have rec'd fabric from sales that I can't figure out; you think I bought too much, lol.
Seriously, I love this Forum. But it is so large that I get confused easily.

sewmuchmore 08-09-2011 07:56 AM

So ture and I some times forget :oops: But I am getting better about it. ;)

ptquilts 08-09-2011 08:00 AM

AMEN sister!! sometimes I have to look up the profile and hopefully see their hometown or state to match it up to what is on the envelope. If all else fails, they get a PM from me saying, "Are you so and so?"

PLEASE put your user id somewhere in the mailing, thanks.

jmabby 08-09-2011 08:07 AM

I have a pad by my laptop, jot down the qb name and real name if available, plus location.

RUSewing 08-09-2011 08:26 AM

I go back to my old posts and try and figure it out. Sometimes that helps.

lynnsim 08-09-2011 08:38 AM

I'm glad that some people agree with me. I do go back to old post and to PMs. But sometimes there are a lot to weed thru. How much easier if we just added our ID to the outside of the envelope?

Up North 08-09-2011 08:56 AM

I made address labels on my computer and added my screen name to the bottom just for this purpose. It sure does help to figure out who it is from. I like to let people know that the package has arrived and thank them.

lynnsim 08-09-2011 09:02 AM

Donna, that's a great idea. I did this years ago and added my eBay ID.

Jim's Gem 08-09-2011 09:30 AM

I would be helpful when sending cards, letters, packages that we have BOTH our board and real names on it so we can properly thank the person who sent it.

np3 08-09-2011 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
I would be helpful when sending cards, letters, packages that we have BOTH our board and real names on it so we can properly thank the person who sent it.

:thumbup: :thumbup: