Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Taxes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/taxes-t18814.html)

tlrnhi 04-11-2009 06:17 AM

Does everyone have their taxes filed yet?
I just got mine finished. UGH! Hate doing taxes!!
I always wait until the last minute. I figure if I'm getting a refund, I've waited this long for the money, I can wait a little longer. If I've got to pay, THEY can wait until the LAST minute to get it from me! lol
But, this year we are getting money back, thanks to a HUGE moving expense we were able to claim. We always split the refund....1/3 for me, 1/3 for hubby and 1/3 on the biggest owed credit card, which this year, will be paid off by the refund. :):):)

MollieSue 04-11-2009 06:23 AM

We always do ours as soon as possibel to get the money quickest! I wish they'd figure out a way to get a refund twice a year! lol!!! :-)

tlrnhi 04-11-2009 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Diana Rainer
We always do ours as soon as possibel to get the money quickest! I wish they'd figure out a way to get a refund twice a year! lol!!! :-)

Oh, that would be nice...twice a year! lol
We are fortunate that we don't need the money back quickly. We used to because it would pay off Christmas bills!
Now, we are in a "good" place in our life where we can pretty much do as we please with whatever we get back. I just don't like paying!!!

Maride 04-11-2009 06:28 AM

I did mine back in February. I got my refund a long time ago and put it away for a rainy day and that was a good thing because we have had a lot of rainy days. The very same day I got my state refund I got out of work and popped a tire on the highway. A co-worker came to my rescue (I can do it, but my car is 1 year old and never had the tires touched, so it was too tight) and changed my tire. After that, off to Sears to spend half of my refund on two new tires. Just the way I wanted to spend my money!!

Maria

sewjoyce 04-11-2009 06:29 AM

My taxes are done, refund received and spent :oops: :oops: :oops:

Still waiting on my state refund -- they never get in a hurry to send you your money but get quite insistent if you owe :evil: :evil:

tlrnhi 04-11-2009 06:29 AM

It always happens that way. You THINK you are ahead, but nope.....out it goes!!

Mplsgirl 04-11-2009 06:32 AM

We did ours early, too. Good thing because I was laid off and it came in handy.

Piedmont Quilter 04-11-2009 06:55 AM

Filed our taxes on 3/2/09. Got the federal refund on 3/13/09. Still have not seen the refund from the state of NC. Something about the state is running out of money and they are processing refunds as they have the money. Now - if I owed and and did not pay by 4/15/09, would they charge me interest? ABSOLUTLY!!!!!! But they own me and not going to pay me interest - just using the tax payer as a bank. Wish I could move to a state that does not have state income tax ~ ~ but I like living in NC too much to make that drastic a change.

PQ

Dawn Hendrix 04-11-2009 07:00 AM

We did ours but haven't mailed .. WHY you ask well you guessed it.. we OWE big time.... right at 4 thousand.... And of course my husband got bit by the economy bug and got the axe from his job!

That is why we are in the fabulous state of VA living with good ole MOM!

Love OBAMA.. HATE TAXES!

shaverg 04-11-2009 07:58 AM

Always file ours the end of Feb. or 1st of March. Already got our refunds from Fed and state. Good thing we had to replace the hybrid battery in our car, can you say expensiveeeeeeee. I heard California was going to give IOUs, but we got our refund, maybe because of the Stimulus Pkg, who knows. I am not complaining.