Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Ten dolls are in the arms of a Very sick N.C. child tonight (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/ten-dolls-arms-very-sick-n-c-child-tonight-t208849.html)

wordpaintervs 12-19-2012 11:44 PM

Ten dolls are in the arms of a Very sick N.C. child tonight

1 Attachment(s)
I received a note this evening from the lady who delivered ten dolls for me. Here is what she had to say. This took place in a hospital setting today. If the lady wants to let you know who she is, I'll let her talk more about it. Below is a copy of the e-mail she sent me. The kids are 6 to 9 years of age. Four are boys. As to who the quilter is:
(Left name out...she is a quilter from the forum and reads to a group of kids. Of these ten, nine have cancer and one has uncontrolled diabetes)

Vickey Stamps

(Quote)

OMG they loved the dolls. It was a huge success and nurses from other floors came to see as well.

The supervisor is suppose to call you tomorrow or friday. The parents were not comfortable at this time with
pictures and I told them that was ok. So not sure when she will call but her name is Beverly. I never seen so many smile"s on the kids faces. They truely were happy. I gave them all the birth certificates and story. I actually read the story to them along with a christmas story. Thank you for making these wonderful children happy. It was very sweet of you.
I will be out of town the next few days. Will try to check e-mails.
Thanks again
Huge Hugs

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEARS!

Remember you are a wonderful person and what you do for children.
God Bless You!

DOTTYMO 12-20-2012 12:07 AM

How much love and car you have put into all those beautiful dolls. I can imagine how happy they were and how they will take them everywhere with them. God has given you a wonderful talent god bless you and the children who receive them.

mirabelle 12-20-2012 02:05 AM

What a wonderful idea for sick children, I am sure they will cherish them

annthreecats 12-20-2012 02:33 AM

What a cool way to help. I love your dolls, they are so neat. Thanks for helping.

hopetoquilt 12-20-2012 03:01 AM

Love the boy dolls. So kind of you.

Joy Higdon 12-20-2012 03:45 AM

May God richly bless you for all the work you put into these. I know it was a blessing to you to know that you, for a moment, gave them much joy and could take away some of the pain. Blessings to you.

ArtsyOne 12-20-2012 03:55 AM

What a great idea! I particularly like the boy dolls because people often forget that little boys could use the comfort of a doll too.

Sandygirl 12-20-2012 04:41 AM

Very cute! I love these too! Kids need something to comfort them!
Sandy

wanttobe 12-20-2012 04:44 AM

These are so cute!!

nabobw 12-20-2012 05:18 AM

Truly a wonderful thing