Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Thanks for entertaining me! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/thanks-entertaining-me-t139037.html)

sosewcrazy 07-20-2011 12:21 PM

My DH just had knee replacement surgery yesterday. He also has 5 stents, so I was very nervous about him going under. I spent the entire surgery time on QB, and that took most of my worries away. He did very well and has already been up walking. As he sleeps and dreams throughout the day, I've been back on the board. Since we're 2 hours away from home, I've been staying at my DS's appartment on an air bed that is leaking... Anyway, we should be going home Friday. Thank you so much for being here and keeping me sane this week!

sandy14 07-20-2011 12:25 PM

So happy that everything worked out well for DH. That is a lot of surgery and I know very hard for you.

Keep the faith and prays to you and hubby for a fast recovery.

Best to you.

sandy14

buslady 07-20-2011 12:29 PM

He will be up and about in no time, just make sure he follows dr. orders. My DH just had his second done, and he has 3 stints. Big issue there is the blood thinners they put them on after the stints. Good luck to you both.

craftybear 07-20-2011 12:52 PM

glad to hear your hubby is doing better

I agree this Quilting Board is so helpful

You take care and hope your hubby gets to come home soon

Originally Posted by sosewcrazy
My DH just had knee replacement surgery yesterday. He also has 5 stents, so I was very nervous about him going under. I spent the entire surgery time on QB, and that took most of my worries away. He did very well and has already been up walking. As he sleeps and dreams throughout the day, I've been back on the board. Since we're 2 hours away from home, I've been staying at my DS's appartment on an air bed that is leaking... Anyway, we should be going home Friday. Thank you so much for being here and keeping me sane this week!

blueangel 07-20-2011 01:19 PM

Glad he's doing good. Knee replacements aren't what they used to be. You have much faster recovery.

dphelps 07-20-2011 01:51 PM

Sounds like it has been pretty nerve wracking as of late and I am sure your leaky mattress has not helped your sleep. Glad hubby is better and going home on Friday. Take care of yourself as well.We are all here for you. Blessings, Donna

Joyce DeBacco 07-20-2011 01:59 PM

Glad hubby is doing better. Any type of surgery is stressful, especially when you're so far away from home.

TShooters 07-20-2011 02:13 PM

Quick recovery wishes for your DH.

Carol's Quilts 07-20-2011 02:26 PM

So glad to hear DH is doing well. Be sure to take care of yourself so you can take care of him as he recovers. Prayers for you both and please don't hesitate to post us here if and when you need a little lift.

New Quilter 07-20-2011 04:11 PM

Glad to know your husband is doing okay and so very sorry about the leaking air bed... :thumbup: Naomi