Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   things received that have been treasured (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/things-received-have-been-treasured-t29241.html)

bearisgray 11-24-2009 07:46 AM

I treasure the little notes from my DH that were written on scratch paper - for no special occasion - other than to say "I love you"

Bevanger 11-24-2009 07:47 AM

awwwwwwwww how cool is that :D

Izy 11-24-2009 07:52 AM

How funny, just yesterday I was sorted through some stuff and came across the same thing, little a couple of little notes from my youngest son, telling me I love you Mum x, he was about 11 at the time, 22 now :D It filled my heart to see them again, I also have a tiny little wooden bird that my oldest son made at cubs when he was about 7, that's in my sewing caddy...they mean so much to me, the little things :D :D :D

kluedesigns 11-24-2009 10:48 AM

my DH is a songwriter and producer and he has written about 75 songs about me/us and i love every one of them.

Ninnie 11-24-2009 10:50 AM

When my kids were little, I made them write letters to Santa, saying what they wanted for Christmas, I still have them. I bring them out at Christmas time now and show them what they wrote :D

DA Mayer 11-24-2009 11:00 AM

santa wrote a letter back to the kids after they sent their letter in the mail. I learned years latter it was the postmistress who would make sure they got to Santa and a note back to the kids.

Myhusband and I started dating when we were seniors in high school and I had the same billfold throughout high school. I found his signature on a small paper in the billfold. I had him give it to me when we were freshmen and he made a great play in football to win the game. Neither of us remembers the other being in class together.
We have been married 31 years now..

brushandthimble 11-24-2009 11:14 AM

I have hair bands and baby links left behind from my gd, I put in my sewing kit, and a picture of my youngest in football gear also in my sewing basket.
great memories.

amma 11-24-2009 12:22 PM

I have a couple of boxes with odds and ends that have been given to me over the years as well as items set out in my home...I have included notes as to where they came from and by whom, so that when the day comes, my kids will know why they were all special to me, in case they have forgotten.

tlrnhi 11-24-2009 01:04 PM

I have EVERY letter/note that hubby has written to me, as well as the cards that came with the flowers he had sent. :)
I have notes/pictures/cards from my girls thru the years.
Cards from my mom and dad that have been sent to me, given to me.
Hubby hates it when I go thru one of my "melancholy" days because I bring out the boxes.........

kwhite 11-24-2009 02:19 PM

One of my favorite things is the shirt my daughter made for me when she was three (she is 21 now). I sat her at the table with tube paints and beads and ribbon bows and let her go to town. I wear it with pride and if the house catches on fire it is on my list of thigs to grab.