Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Think I'm gonna be slow moving today... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/think-im-gonna-slow-moving-today-t75039.html)

ginnie6 11-08-2010 04:49 AM

I'm hurting. We hauled 3 HUGE loads of firewood yesterday. A neighbor of ours took down some oak trees in their backyard. Dh talked to them the other week about us getting it then he started working overtime. So yesterday a friend of ours called and asked if I was up to him coming over and helping with it. Can't turn down free help so.....we got some pieces that were so big we had to roll them up in the truck. Then we got a load of smaller stuff. The next load we took the log splitter down and my truck was so loaded the tires were half flat it looked. I got my cardio workout yesterday! I am stiff today though. I took aleve last night cause I was hurting. We'll go back next weekend and hopefully get the rest....at least 3 more loads. On the bright side I have wood already for this winter and this will put a huge dent in what I need next year!

donnajean 11-08-2010 04:53 AM

Yes, Aleve is my friend on those kind of days.

Jabear617 11-08-2010 06:09 AM

Just take it slow today and I hope you feel better real soon:)

wanna be quilter 11-08-2010 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by ginnie6
I'm hurting. We hauled 3 HUGE loads of firewood yesterday. A neighbor of ours took down some oak trees in their backyard. Dh talked to them the other week about us getting it then he started working overtime. So yesterday a friend of ours called and asked if I was up to him coming over and helping with it. Can't turn down free help so.....we got some pieces that were so big we had to roll them up in the truck. Then we got a load of smaller stuff. The next load we took the log splitter down and my truck was so loaded the tires were half flat it looked. I got my cardio workout yesterday! I am stiff today though. I took aleve last night cause I was hurting. We'll go back next weekend and hopefully get the rest....at least 3 more loads. On the bright side I have wood already for this winter and this will put a huge dent in what I need next year!

Hope you're feeling better, next week will not be as bad as you have already limbered up. Then you can sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labour.

akrogirl 11-08-2010 06:48 AM

What a great deal. Definitely worth it, even though you are a little sore today. Unfortunately, even though we do have a wood burning fireplace, we have a lot of no-burn days around here because of air quality issues. I would love to be able to burn more wood and use less electricity.

fidgety 11-08-2010 07:13 AM

Hope you feel better soon. Hauling wood is work but the heat is all worth it in the end run. We heat with wood too.

Ditter43 11-08-2010 07:19 AM

It seems like only yesterday I did those kind of things!! No more for me...I get stiff and sore just getting out of bed some days! :lol:
Take care of yourself and don't overdo it!!The older we get, the longer the recovery time...... :?

pennijanine 11-08-2010 11:38 AM

He who gathers his own wood is twice warmed. Heard that from my grandmother many, many years ago.

ptquilts 11-08-2010 01:54 PM

cheap is good, but free is better..