Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Too pooped to party (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/too-pooped-party-t84812.html)

GraceyFaas 12-23-2010 05:40 PM

I am enjoying looking at the beautiful work created by the members of this board. I wanted to say thank you for the entertainment. I have had some horrible weeks (seems like the whole year!) at work and find that I have no energy to be creative. When I did work on the few projects, I worked obsessively, to the chagrin of my husband. How do you all juggle your lives???!!! I started a second family at 43 and now am looking at a very long timeline before an empty nest or retirement. CALGON, TAKE ME AWAY!
just had to express frustrations :)

Up North 12-23-2010 05:44 PM

Calgon or any bubble bath was my best friend and I have to say still is!

janRN 12-23-2010 06:22 PM

A glass of wine and some chocolate!!

cathyvv 12-23-2010 06:30 PM

Maybe you need to rest more than you need to quilt. Curl up under one of your quilts and just do that.

marymc 12-23-2010 06:43 PM

But what a blessing to start a second family. My mother was 43 when I was born, not a second family just 10 of us over 24 years. She always said I kept her young. In time you will get to sleep again. Enjoy every hectic moment and the quilts will be there.

hperttula123 12-23-2010 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by GraceyFaas
I am enjoying looking at the beautiful work created by the members of this board. I wanted to say thank you for the entertainment. I have had some horrible weeks (seems like the whole year!) at work and find that I have no energy to be creative. When I did work on the few projects, I worked obsessively, to the chagrin of my husband. How do you all juggle your lives???!!! I started a second family at 43 and now am looking at a very long timeline before an empty nest or retirement. CALGON, TAKE ME AWAY!
just had to express frustrations :)

There are times when I don't have time to do anything other than running kids around and work and just keeping the house in order...but you need to make some time for yourself sometimes. You need it too. :)

Cyn 12-23-2010 07:12 PM

Take care of yourself or you are no good to anyone else.

LeeAnn 12-23-2010 07:25 PM

A second family at 43.....makes me tired just thinking about it. I'm sure it will get better and will probably keep you younger.

amma 12-23-2010 07:45 PM

Try and schedule some "me" time everyday, even if it is 30-60 minutes. You can get a lot done in that time :D:D:D

Ramona Byrd 12-23-2010 08:26 PM

You just have to do the best you can with what you have. And log onto Flylady.com. She tells how to keep house in 15 minutes at a time, and also take time for yourself. Like the old saying is, "If Mamma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy". And if Mamma is totally exhausted, then she's going to be a nervous wreck in a short time.

My family does a lot of that having babies late..my Mom had her last baby 8 months before I had my first one. And one of my sisters went to her daughter's wedding still nursing her last one!! And my last baby is 17 years younger than my oldest!!