Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   This is too time consuming (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/too-time-consuming-t162925.html)

niizh 10-24-2011 01:58 PM

Just when I get to the bottom of page, go to top and there are more threads to read. :lol: What to do, What to do. Can't get away from computer. AND, I am going away for seven days, will go thru withdrawal. Let's see 7 days X 1000 messages, I'll never catch up. Isn't this fun.

quiltinghere 10-24-2011 01:59 PM

Ahhhh you poor thing - I don't know what to tell you to do except enjoy yourself while you're away from us

sometimes you just have to hit the 'mark all as read' button to keep up

ckcowl 10-24-2011 02:10 PM

it can be very consuming---makes it hard to get any sewing done---when i am going to visit the board i set a kitchen timer for 45 minutes- my timer has a 1 minute warning ding---when that one minute warning beeps i have 1 minute to wrap up what i am doing and shutting down the computer- then i go shut off the timer and find something else to do for a while.

pscott392 10-24-2011 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by ckcowl
it can be very consuming---makes it hard to get any sewing done---when i am going to visit the board i set a kitchen timer for 45 minutes- my timer has a 1 minute warning ding---when that one minute warning beeps i have 1 minute to wrap up what i am doing and shutting down the computer- then i go shut off the timer and find something else to do for a while.

Good plan. I may have to borrow your idea.

Ilovemydogs 10-24-2011 02:37 PM

I hear ya! I usually click on the topics that interest me and I don't look at all of them!

QuiltnNan 10-24-2011 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by quiltinghere
Ahhhh you poor thing - I don't know what to tell you to do except enjoy yourself while you're away from us

yes, i was gone in august almost 3 weeks. i had to use the 'mark all as read' button. i still wonder what i missed.

Rebecca VLQ 10-24-2011 04:21 PM

You better get some more coffee!! :D

quiltinghere 10-24-2011 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan

Originally Posted by quiltinghere

yes, i was gone in august almost 3 weeks. i had to use the 'mark all as read' button.

****i still wonder what i missed.*****

That last sentence made me laugh - hopefully you're not losing sleep over it.

I, too, have to set a timer (or time limit ... say a cup of coffee) while visiting here. If I don't 3 hours pass and nothing is done either with the house or sewing :(

3incollege 10-24-2011 08:21 PM

enjoy, it will be here when you get back