Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   tootie ta (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/tootie-ta-t19408.html)

julie 04-25-2009 10:44 AM

Yesterday was Grandparent's Day at my grandson Patrick's school. He is in kindergarten. We had so much fun. The children performed 3 songs for us as a special treat. One of the songs was "The Tootie Ta Song". It is hilarious. If you get the chance, go to YouTube and type in "Tootie Ta." There are a number of performances. The one I watched was a kindergraten class at their graduation. I had never heard of this song, but so glad I know it now. The only problem is, I can't get it out of my head! Last night we were at my son's house, and Patrick performed the song again with my youngest son's girlfriend, who is a pre-school teacher. We laughed and laughed. :lol: :lol:

Piedmont Quilter 04-25-2009 10:51 AM

A tootie ta, a tootie ta, a tootie ta ta. Oh yes! I know it well. Both my kids leaned it in kindergarten. That's been at the least 5 years ago since my youngest in the 4th now. They both still break out in the tootie ta song from time to time. isn't it a hoot to watch them when they're little like that!

PQ
Rebecca

SulaBug 04-25-2009 10:51 AM

Don't you just love Grandparent's Day at school? :D
I have gone every year with our grand children & it's
so much fun. I haven't heard of this song, but I am
sure you really enjoyed it!! :D Glad you shared your
experience with all of us.
:D :D :D :D :D

amma 04-25-2009 11:10 AM

What a wonderful experience!!! One of the many great perks of being a grandparent!!! :D :D :D

mamatobugboo 04-25-2009 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Piedmont Quilter
A tootie ta, a tootie ta, a tootie ta ta. Oh yes! I know it well. Both my kids leaned it in kindergarten. That's been at the least 5 years ago since my youngest in the 4th now. They both still break out in the tootie ta song from time to time. isn't it a hoot to watch them when they're little like that!

PQ
Rebecca

my kids learned it in preschool and will still break it out together every once in a while - it is hysterical! :lol:

tlrnhi 04-25-2009 05:17 PM

I had never heard of it before.
Had to go to UTUBE and find it.
It's too cute!

Barb M 04-25-2009 05:20 PM

I havent heaqrd of the song, or heard of grandparents day! lol and i'm a grandparent lol lol sounds like you had a fun day for sure :)

julie 04-25-2009 05:46 PM

Barb,
I sure hope there's a Grandparent's Day at your granddaughter's school. There is nothing like it. I've had a smile on my face since yesterday. And the tootie ta song has to be seen to be appreciated!
Julie

Barb M 04-25-2009 05:46 PM

lol :) :) :)

littlehud 04-25-2009 06:04 PM

I had never heard of that song before. What a laugh it gave me to watch those videos. I need to play those for my DD (who is going to be a preschool teacher. ) I can see her kids loving it.