Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Tornado Warnings in San Antonio???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/tornado-warnings-san-antonio-t183407.html)

missgigglewings 03-19-2012 06:37 PM

Tornado Warnings in San Antonio????

I am setting here listening and just not believing! I don't ever remember a tornado in San Antonio...and this one is already on the ground! It is headed up the I-35 corridor which runs right thru SCHERTZ! But I am ready! I have a bunch of pillows and a 4" thick mattress pad and a couple of old blankets in my bath tub (no quilts!). Along with a bag containing 6 bottles of water, 3 candles, a flashlight, 2 boxes of kitchen matches, my Bible, my cell, my laptop, my camera, a bottle of wine and Billy's DaddyBear!

Anyone in my neighborhood who wants to join me...come on over!

quiltingfan 03-19-2012 06:44 PM

Hineighbor!, I live in Cibolo!! I am so excited thst someone lives do close to me. We are also ready for the storms. So far nothing major, my dog is not even hiding yet. Please PM me, we should get together. Beth

QuiltnLady1 03-19-2012 06:44 PM

I pray that you are safe.

missgigglewings 03-19-2012 06:53 PM

Hi beth! Wow...we are neighbors! That is exciting...I live in Schertz, but I take care of a little boy in Cibolo Heights M-F...its right off 1103 up toward I-35...so I have been worried about them too! I think the last one SW of here has petered out! So we probably we will be out of range of one now! You all stay ready in case..stay safe and pray!

mrsponcho1 03-19-2012 07:07 PM

We had a tornado siting just east of us around 7:00. But it moved north/northeast. It has been a rough evening as storm after storm moved thru, but nothing serious close by. The high winds started this afternoon - I believe they said up to 70 mph. My husband is one of the first ones to leave for work, so hopefully, he won't have to move tree limbs out of the road. But if he does, it won't be the first time. Everyone stay safe as it looks like our storms will be moving into northwest Arkansas and southern Missouri.

luvTooQuilt 03-19-2012 08:20 PM

I have familty in SA... I 35 and O'Conner... All you San Antonians ok??

wanda lou 03-19-2012 08:42 PM

I hope you are all safe. many prayers friends.

missgigglewings 03-20-2012 03:26 AM

OK...Storm update.....Thanks for prayers and good thoughts! San Antonio and Schertz/Cibolo and surrounding areas were spared the rough stuff. Medina County got hit but then the tornado petered out. We did get some high winds and thunderstorms around 2 this morning, but all is wet and well now!

So, I will put away the emergency bag for another time, drink the wine for breakfast and get back to quilting!

Mickie612 03-20-2012 04:05 AM

Sounds like a good plan.

Glenda m 03-20-2012 06:05 AM

I have family in SA, too, so prayers went out to everyone. Just reading this at 9 Tuesday morning.