Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Turn it Up! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/turn-up-t181051.html)

SouthPStitches 02-28-2012 04:00 PM

Turn it Up!

Inquiring minds need to know. What kind of music do you crank up loud and clear when you are in your sewing room? For me, it's the Doobie Brothers (pre- Michael McDonald). If I need something mellow, it's James Taylor, Carol King or Carly Simon? Am I showing my age?! Need I add that I'm listening to vinyl, not 8 tracks, cassettes or CD's?!

Then there's times, I throw open the window and listen to the wind, leaves and birds and spring rain.

TanyaL 02-28-2012 04:06 PM

For me it's Talk Radio.

sassey 02-28-2012 04:11 PM

When I sew with gd it is soft rock when I am alone it is gospel or country

joyce888 02-28-2012 04:17 PM

For me it's a mix of Country, Gospel, Rock, Alternative, Pop, and Reggae. I like to mix it up and yes play it loud!

DogHouseMom 02-28-2012 04:17 PM

yes to the open windows when possible, and yes to ALL of the artists you mentioned. No to vinyl as I've got most of them on the PC with a kick-butt sound system :) I still have my vinyl though, I just don't play it (need a new needle).

most of my stuff is "classic rock" ranging from 50's all the way up to current. Have a good mix of other stuff too; classical & opera (adore it), folk (Peter Paul & Mary anyone?), Blues (ahhhhh), and some International Stuff (Salif Keita, Les Charboniers (sp?), Ravi Shankar). About the only thing I won't listen to is Country (I find it painful), (c)Rap, heavy metal/grunge, and gospel. Everything else is worth a listen.

Lori S 02-28-2012 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches (Post 5016982)
Inquiring minds need to know. What kind of music do you crank up loud and clear when you are in your sewing room? For me, it's the Doobie Brothers (pre- Michael McDonald). If I need something mellow, it's James Taylor, Carol King or Carly Simon? Am I showing my age?! Need I add that I'm listening to vinyl, not 8 tracks, cassettes or CD's?!

Then there's times, I throw open the window and listen to the wind, leaves and birds and spring rain.

Hey we have the same play list!!! Love the Doobie Brothers , Carol King , and Carly. I can even rememeber going to my first Doobie Brother concert. Seemed like the "Outlaws" was their warm up band for quite awhile.

valsma 02-28-2012 04:44 PM

Depends. Somedays it is a station that plays music from as far back as the 30's and 40's through the 90's. If it's around mid day I listen to my favorite coservative talk radio host to see what gems he's come up with that day. When nothing is on the radio I want to hear, I pop in a CD and listen to Cher, Ricky Nelson, Peter, Paul and Mary, ABBA, maybe some Aerosmith. Lately it has been the Pistol Annies and Miranda Lambert. Guess it depends on my mood.

Val in IN 02-28-2012 04:51 PM

Anything from ZZ top to Luciano Pavarotti, from Hank Jr. to Enya. Only thing I can't do is Gangstah Rap. Other than that, it's all good.

yngldy 02-28-2012 05:04 PM

Blues (Gary Moore, his guitar puts Clapton to shame), all 60's/70's (Stones to Mama&Papa's, Joplin) My kids grew up to the oldies. The only songs they really knew.

BellaBoo 02-28-2012 05:07 PM

Talk radio for me. I tape my record my favorite that comes on late at night and listen to it during the day. Current favorite music now is Adele.