Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Tymeless Hearts carnival was rained out but I still have pictures!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/tymeless-hearts-carnival-rained-out-but-i-still-have-pictures-t133064.html)

cjomomma 06-25-2011 10:07 AM

6 Attachment(s)
We arrived at 8am and set up out booth and by 9am I was packing my quilts up so they wouldn't get wet. Everyone one was looking at me like I was crazy because they didn't think it was gonna rain. 10 minutes later it poured!! Lightning was stricking the ground all around us. I rained for almost 2 hours. My quilts are nice and dry but my pincushoins, pocket tissue holders and a few of the purses got soaked.
They are planning on rescheduling so maybe I can get a few more quilts completed.

Here is my booth
[ATTACH=CONFIG]216466[/ATTACH]

My Mom made all the purses and bags.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]216467[/ATTACH]

My sister knits so she made the scarves and kitchen towels.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]216468[/ATTACH]

Airwick156 06-25-2011 10:09 AM

Wow Carrie. You have definately been a busy girl. I hope that you can get all of them dried out. You keep safe. And this will give you a chance to make more quilts. :)

erstan947 06-25-2011 10:10 AM

Well, another day! Thanks for the pics. Good looking display:)

Sadiemae 06-25-2011 10:11 AM

Bummer, but it will be nice if you finish some more quilts to sell. I am not really into pincushions, but I love yours!

Janet L52 06-25-2011 10:30 AM

Carrie, your display is beautiful! What lovely quilts, as well as all the other appealing items. You have nothing to worry about! I hope everything dries out ok and you get a nice dry day for the carnival. Thanks for the pictures and keep us posted.

Jennifer22206 06-25-2011 10:34 AM

that looks beautiful!!

NancyG 06-25-2011 11:00 AM

I love the way you have your display set up. Nice assortment of items. I especially like your pincushion jars. They are sooo cute!! What did you put in the jars?

luvTooQuilt 06-25-2011 11:08 AM

Wow.. lots of stuff !!

Sow how much were you selling your quilts & things??

dsb38327 06-25-2011 11:09 AM

Your booth is so nice and inviting. I hate so much for you that it was rained out. I have watched your posts as you have been making so many items for this big day. Your work is all very pretty and you displayed it very well. I like your glass half full vision of doing it again soon and making more items from now till then. Congratulations on a job well done. You won the race eventhough you didn't get to the finish line yet. :thumbup:

cjomomma 06-25-2011 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by NancyG
I love the way you have your display set up. Nice assortment of items. I especially like your pincushion jars. They are sooo cute!! What did you put in the jars?

I didn't put anything in the jars. I was trying to keep my costs down.