Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   UFO's don't always relate to quilting... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/ufos-dont-always-relate-quilting-t214883.html)

Sandygirl 02-25-2013 06:46 PM

UFO's don't always relate to quilting...

Well, I had a Kohls bag sitting on my sewing table for over a year! Two pair of corduroy pants and a sweat pant that needed hemming. I decided it was time that I tackled them so that I could get them out of my sewing room and into my closet. Hemming is not difficult and it really does not take that long to do since I do it on my sewing machine. I even bought a Coverstitch machine last year for hemming sweats.. It was time to get this done. Boy! I feel so much better now that my task is complete! Silly me.

Now I am tackling a baby quilt that just needed stitch in the ditch quilting. It was in one of my totes for 2 years! Almost done with that! Good grief.

Sandy

Tartan 02-25-2013 08:38 PM

I hate mending and try to keep it done up. It seems if one piece of mending shows up if you don't do it right away the pile grows much like my scrap bin.:D

fatquarters 02-25-2013 08:47 PM

Consider yourself lucky the pants still fit! HeHeHe

(Actually, I have a pair of pants that have been waiting to be hemmed since October, yesterday I tried them on to see if they still fit, and they did, so then put them back in the bag to do later, it hasn't been a year yet!!!)

Painiacs 02-25-2013 09:59 PM

Good for you!!!!!

Sandygirl 02-26-2013 03:26 AM

Oh, did I say that they "fit"? LOL! well, they reminded me that winter has not been kind to my figure. But they fit, albiet a little tighter than I would have wanted. Corduroy with stretch is a good thing!

Sandy

DebbieJJ 02-27-2013 04:02 AM

At least they are for yourself......everyone around here is a close relative of mine, and it seems like I'm the designated hemmer, hole-patcher, all-around sewist for our little family. Of course, they're all elderly aunts and uncles so I don't mind, but I just love that saying someone has as a tagline.....(I'm paraphrasing, along the lines of) "Asking a quilter to hem pants is like asking Leonardo Da Vinci to paint your garage!"

Sandygirl 02-27-2013 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by DebbieJJ (Post 5891532)
At least they are for yourself......everyone around here is a close relative of mine, and it seems like I'm the designated hemmer, hole-patcher, all-around sewist for our little family. Of course, they're all elderly aunts and uncles so I don't mind, but I just love that saying someone has as a tagline.....(I'm paraphrasing, along the lines of) "Asking a quilter to hem pants is like asking Leonardo Da Vinci to paint your garage!"

I love your analogy! True too! I also put off sewing a button on my DH pants. Doesnt take long....still hate it. Whew!

Sandy

jitkaau 02-27-2013 05:05 AM

Never mind, I've got on that I started in 1982...

maryb119 02-27-2013 05:59 AM

My DH wrote a "mock" work order to get me to hem a pair of pants! He says it's the only way I will get them done. :)

Stitchit123 02-27-2013 09:41 AM

I can get to hemming pants pretty quick -seeing as how I'm short. I hate sewing on buttons. I always look like a small massacre has happened.