Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Ugh, "Prove You're Not a Robot" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/ugh-prove-youre-not-robot-t191725.html)

quiltbabe 06-14-2012 05:02 AM

Ugh, "Prove You're Not a Robot"

Maybe I'm the only one (wouldn't be the first time!), but those words and numbers you have to enter on some sites are very frustrating! I understand the reasoning behind it, really I do. However, when I sometimes have to try three times to get the combination of letters and numbers right in order to leave a comment on a wonderful quilting blog, I just get frustrated and leave. All I want to do is leave a comment of encouragement and I end up aggravated! On Blogger, one can set the comments to be moderated so they won't be automatically published. That's what I do and I've only received a couple of spam comments (which blogger puts in the spam file anyway). I love comments and don't want to do anything to make it harder for people to leave them! So, is it just me?

Sylvie45 06-14-2012 05:12 AM

My too! I find it very frustrating. I get my husband to stand way back and give his opinion and sometimes both of us can't get it correct. Just call us old robots.

ghostrider 06-14-2012 05:15 AM

Sometimes those gizmos are hard to read, but most of the time you can click a button to get a new set or sometimes even get an audio version. Personally, I don't like moderated blog comments because it often takes days and days for your comment to show up and by the time it does, I've lost interest and moved on.

If it bothers you so much, why not let the blogger know how you feel? Seems like that'd do a whole lot more good than complaining about it here. :o

feline fanatic 06-14-2012 05:15 AM

Count me in. I have also given up and it seems the more tries you take the more difficult they get to read! I have yet to successfully leave a comment on many blogs that I love to lurk.

feline fanatic 06-14-2012 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by ghostrider (Post 5288202)
If it bothers you so much, why not let the blogger know how you feel? Seems like that'd do a whole lot more good than complaining about it here. :o

If you can't leave a comment how can you let the blogger know? I have yet to find a "contact me" link on a blog that gives an alternative way of contacting the blogger. And I have looked.

Scissor Queen 06-14-2012 05:44 AM

I don't think the person writing the blog has any control over that part. You can make comments moderated or unmoderated but you can't change the capture thing.

Suzan88 06-14-2012 06:10 AM

I emailed the moderator of one site to say I couldn't get it to work and was thoroughly irritated and then discovered,seconds later, that couldn't work because I'd missed out one 'required field'. Oops!

quiltbabe 06-14-2012 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen (Post 5288272)
I don't think the person writing the blog has any control over that part. You can make comments moderated or unmoderated but you can't change the capture thing.

Love your black and white jazzed up quilt! And you can control the word verification under settings in blogger.

jcrow 06-14-2012 06:20 AM

I thought I was the only one who couldn't read the numbers and letters. I always end up giving up after writing something to a blogger. I bet a lot of bloggers would receive more replies if they didn't have those filters on. I understand why they have them, but it seems that they could make "easier" ones. I click the retry button over and over until I give up too.

Nanax4 06-14-2012 06:47 AM

Yeah, those things are annoying. I wouldn't mind if they were actually readable, but man, they're really bad. If I don't get it on the first try, I just leave. Which is too bad, cuz it seems like bloggers want the comments.