Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Understanding My Cats (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/understanding-my-cats-t49261.html)

Boston1954 06-11-2010 12:40 PM

Each of my cats has a particular way to let me know when she/he wants to go outside. A couple stand by the door and wait for me to notice. One jumps at the door knob. These are things that I am sure of.

Callie is a bit tougher to understand. She jumps on a shelf by my laptop computer and puts her foot on the mini-blinds of the window. I am not always sure if she wants to GO out, or just LOOK out.

I wonder where I can take a course on learning to speak "Meow".

Rachel 06-11-2010 12:43 PM

If you figure that out, please let me know. I'd love to know what my cats are thinking sometimes...
I have one that growls like a dog everytime the doorbell rings. Still can't figure out why it bothers her so much.

cjomomma 06-11-2010 12:49 PM

When I was young I had a cat and when she wanted out or in she would reach for the door knob and say Meowma and sometimes it would sound like momma. It was the only time she would say those things.

littlehud 06-11-2010 12:54 PM

My DD cat would sit by the door and say "meout". He still didn't get to go out but it was funny.

nativetexan 06-11-2010 03:44 PM

My Callie wants to go walking anytime i will take her. she goes out on a leash.

Luv Quilts and Cats 06-11-2010 03:50 PM

My cat Chloe, who is an indoor cat, has suddenly this Spring take to sitting by the door to the outside then looking at someone as if to say, "Well, aren't you going to let me out?" I tell her she is an indoor cat and there are things out there that could eat her. I put a collar on her and have to get a tag, just in case.

texas granny 06-11-2010 04:02 PM

I used to have cat that would tell me he wanted out. But then when he wanted in he came in the doggy door

ckcowl 06-11-2010 04:20 PM

our cat spent the first 6 years of his life in a home with dogs...then this past summer i had to put my beloved chocolate lab down (she was 14). hubby and I decided when our present pets are gone...that's it, we are not getting more...so, the Kimba cat found himself suddenly an 'only child'...he has taken up some pretty funny habits in the past few months...he scratches/shakes his collar just right so it 'rattles'just like the dog's used to. Used to be if anyone came to the door he would run and hide under our bed or in the closet...now, someone comes to the door, he runs to it...just like the dog used to....the dog used to (for 14 years) lay right under my sewing table when i'm sewing...yup...now the cat spends his time there...he's a very funny cat. it's like he feels he has to play both parts now, he flopps down and sighs, just like the dog, ...cats are funny critters ! :)

chris_quilts 06-11-2010 07:30 PM

Even if you learned how to speak it, they would change languages on you. My Romeo, avatar, scratches at the door to go out but has to go out with the dogs. Silly cats!

HeatherQuilts 06-11-2010 07:39 PM

They are so goofy! Whoever thinks that animals don't have personalities (purrsonalities? :-) ) is off their rocker! I have 2 cats, they sure keep me entertained!