Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Vermont quilt show (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/vermont-quilt-show-t133491.html)

DonnaCee 06-27-2011 08:01 AM

I went to the VQS on Fri and thought it was a little disappointing. It seemed very cramped and not well laid out. I really liked the old venue at Norwich College better.
Was it me or did anyone else feel the same?

Hinterland 06-27-2011 08:06 AM

I was also there on Friday, and my second time at Essex. I don't mind the layout at all, but you probably didn't notice the real advantage: air conditioning!

I also like that the show is all in one building, whereas in Northfield some of the show was in the Armory.

Once I start looking at quilts, nothing else matters to me anyway. :)

Janet

MrsM 06-27-2011 08:21 AM

I was there also on Friday. This was my first time there. It was pretty crowded for a Friday. I found the vendor areas to be the most crowded. But I wasn't in a hurry so it wasn't too bad. Next time I may get a 2 day pass and stay at a local hotel and go back the next day.

maine ladybug 06-27-2011 09:30 AM

I go every year and I felt is was very, very crowded on Friday and even worse on Saturday! I know the weather didn't help matters as people couldn't really go outside to sit for a while or anything, but it still seemed much more crowded than usual. Sunday morning it was wonderful though. No one at the vendors and all the room you needed to view the quilts and take pictures!

craftybear 06-27-2011 12:58 PM

Did any of you get to meet each other in person???

mamaw 06-27-2011 05:04 PM

I went to the VT Quilt Show in 2008 and loved it, actually there were 2 of us from Maine and 2 from NY that met there and we all liked it enough to want to go back again. Yes, it was crowded...but the Maine Quilt show can get that way also. Always hard to get at the Vendors; but I guess I assume it is part of the whole process...what quilter doesn't want to shop too lol.

canmitch1971 06-27-2011 05:14 PM

I went on Saturday. This is my third time there. My biggest complaint is that we had a grouchy bus driver. We got there around 11:30 am and he told us to be ready to leave at 3:30 pm. I just barely made it to all the vendors and saw a few quilts and it was time to go. The last 2 years, the driver let us stay till 5:00 pm. I loved what I saw though.

maine ladybug 06-27-2011 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by canmitch1971
I went on Saturday. This is my third time there. My biggest complaint is that we had a grouchy bus driver. We got there around 11:30 am and he told us to be ready to leave at 3:30 pm. I just barely made it to all the vendors and saw a few quilts and it was time to go. The last 2 years, the driver let us stay till 5:00 pm. I loved what I saw though.

Oh what a shame he did that! I'm sorry you didn't have more time. Maybe next time will be better.