Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Very cool Family story now I have to make 5 new quilts!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/very-cool-family-story-now-i-have-make-5-new-quilts-t71902.html)

Quiltforme 10-23-2010 05:22 PM

My husband and I have been married for 7 years and have known each other for 10. The first time I met his family was 1 month into dating him I traveled to CA to meet them. This was the first and last time I saw his mother. It was also the first time in a long time that my husband and his sister talked. She was really nice and I enjoyed her company. The only drawback over the next 2 years is the phone calls for money. I finally told him that if I am marrying him he needs to atleast let me in on the money aspect. He agreed and that stopped. Then we married I invited her and her friend to come with me to Las Vegas to Celine Dion in concert for my gift to my wedding party. Well lets just say that was the last time I really had anything to do with her. I was about 2 years later after some bitter calls that I finally told her that her brother was dead to her and to stop calling. That was 4 years ago and as time has gone on so have we. I could see it in my husbands eyes there was always something missing. It was heavy on my heart to pray for the reconciliation and it seems he was doing the same. Yesterday she made contact through facebook and they talked for almost 4 hours. You should have seen the joy and happiness in his eyes. It just sucked that she had to be such an unahppy person years ago. Today she is a cancer survivor and is married for 6 years to a police officer and has a son in the marines. I am now an Auntie to 3 boys and a 9 year old little girl we call happy (her name is Madison and her nick name was Maddie so we call her Happy) So I know need to make several quilts because I have a new extended family whom I cannot wait to see. I have always wanted to be an Auntie and now I do it is like giving birth but without the pain!!!! His sister has grown up so much and is happy. I could not say that a few years ago.

craftybear 10-23-2010 05:24 PM

that is great, have fun making the quilts

Welcome, waving from Indiana, USA

amandasgramma 10-23-2010 05:25 PM

WOW! congratulations!!!! Family is so important...nice to have that road opened up! See --- FB DOES do good!

DebinNY 10-23-2010 05:28 PM

What a wonderful story! It's great that you all are able to make a connection again. Best Wishes to you & your DH!

littlehud 10-23-2010 05:41 PM

What a wonderful ending. I'm glad they got back together. You are going to be busy with those quilts.

sewgull 10-23-2010 05:43 PM

Family is very important. Friends we can pick, but family comes along with all their quirks. Glad amends have been made.

CarrieAnne 10-23-2010 05:47 PM

AW, thats wonderful!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!

sharon b 10-23-2010 05:53 PM

Can't wait to see the quilts you make :lol:

wolfkitty 10-23-2010 05:58 PM

Wonderful that your family was able to get back together. Good luck on your quilts!

quilting cat 10-23-2010 07:32 PM

Bless you all! Make yourselves a small project, too, with a bit of each of the five quilts in it?