Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Virus warning at Google Images? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/virus-warning-google-images-t118893.html)

Gelswood 04-29-2011 07:16 AM

I got a horrible virus on my operating system that way. It was a real mess to fix.

llcathey 04-29-2011 07:27 AM

when I get the email everyday about the new postings ,I click to go there I get a pop up that says (Dangerous) could hurt your computer its not even the webpage so I don't know whats going on I just get off and go to favorites to get on that way

BJ SewKkrazzy 04-29-2011 07:45 AM

This has happened quite a few times to me, Avast warns me of the danger, and I immediately get off the site...just something to be aware of with some sites trying to get to your computer!

chance 04-29-2011 09:06 AM

The malware I just contracted won't allow SYstem Restore to function. I've been sucessful in the past getting rid of these @@@@####in the past but this one won't leave. I am typing on my laptop and am getting ready to set up a brand new computer. Other one so badly infected - no hope of recovery. And this after I upgraded my AntiVirus Protection. It apparently missed catching this one. These malicious infections are getting expensive.

skjquiltnut 05-05-2011 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by chance
The malware I just contracted won't allow SYstem Restore to function. I've been sucessful in the past getting rid of these @@@@####in the past but this one won't leave. I am typing on my laptop and am getting ready to set up a brand new computer. Other one so badly infected - no hope of recovery. And this after I upgraded my AntiVirus Protection. It apparently missed catching this one. These malicious infections are getting expensive.

Can you tell me what "clean your computer" and "safe mode" means? I am really inept re computers. Thanks

whatever 05-05-2011 11:03 PM

yep twice the guy who checks my computer every week said I did the right thing running the virus scan he checked the registry and found nothing.

whatever 05-05-2011 11:04 PM

if that pops up all of a sudden close and run YOUR virus software it sometimes come up windows has found etc. it is there bug to get into your files this is what I have been told

willferg 05-06-2011 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by dljennings
all i can say is LOVE MY IMAC!

I just had this happen on my iMac, so even we aren't safe. I googled drawings of hydrangeas and got a page of results. The first one looked good so I clicked on it, and before I knew it, a program called Macsecurity.mpkg started downloading on my computer! I quit my browser and things stopped. I found the file in my downloads folder. I then reopened Safari and researched it and found ways to get rid of it -- fortunately, it had not yet installed, so I was able to delete the download.

Pretty scary!