Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Vogue Pattern 7958 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/vogue-pattern-7958-a-t182095.html)

JJC 03-08-2012 01:47 PM

Vogue Pattern 7958

Would anyone out there have the pattern Vogue 7958. I've been working on sewing this dress for my granddaughter. Anyway there just doesn't seem to be proper instructions for pattern piece #10 & 11 (back) where it states Pin back interfacing (10) to wrong side of bodice back (11), as shown. Baste. Sew invisibly along foldline. I've done this part and now I'm lost. Do you cut this back section down the center line as it does need to be open for button holes and buttons? The next part directly following talks about gathering the skirt.

I hope someone out there has sewn this pattern and can give me the instructions for this part.

Thank-you so much in advance.

Judy

huntannette 03-08-2012 02:02 PM

am a bit puzzled...usually if there is a zipper, or buttons there would be two pieces for the back instead of just one....

barny 03-08-2012 02:07 PM

Did you lay the back on the fold? Maybe you shouldn't have. That interfacing probably just needs to go to the part of the 2 pieces that folds back to put zipper or buttons in. Look at your pattern and see if it says 2 pieces. BarnyWell, I didn't say that right. Interface the 2 back pieces, but just butt it up against the fold that you turn back for the buttons.

buslady 03-08-2012 02:12 PM

Wish I could see the pattern, I will go on line and find it, if it is available. I don't use Vogue patterns, but I can usually figure out how something is done if I can see everything.

Mrs B 03-08-2012 02:16 PM

I just looked up the pattern and it is a button closure in the back. Then if you look at the pattern it will tell you to 'Cut 2' which means you don't cut on the fold. The front is usually 'Cut 1 on fold' and there would be arrows pointing to the fold. This is an advanced pattern and it is very important to read all the instructions before you start and follow the layout for cutting shown on the instruction page. If you need more help you can PM me.

buslady 03-08-2012 02:19 PM

I found 2 different patterns when I googled it, is this the childs or the young ladies? It should not be on a fold, there will be a fold line on the piece, as it will be folded back and overlapped for the buttons and button holes. Keep us posted!

JJC 03-08-2012 06:25 PM

It is the childs pattern. I didn't put it on the fold. I cut two pieces as the second piece is for the lining. I've sewed the back interfacing piece (#10) on the fold line just like it stated. Do you cut it like perhaps on the center line to get the two pieces or just what?

Thank-you for your help.
Judy

Originally Posted by buslady (Post 5042771)
I found 2 different patterns when I googled it, is this the childs or the young ladies? It should not be on a fold, there will be a fold line on the piece, as it will be folded back and overlapped for the buttons and button holes. Keep us posted!

barny 03-08-2012 08:01 PM

the only thing I can think of is, You have to have 2 pieces of back dress material and 2 pieces of lining or interfacing. Do you have that? To me Vogue is hard to make. So many instructions!

huntannette 03-09-2012 04:13 PM

yes....that`s what you have to do....cut two of fabric and two of interfacing

Originally Posted by barny (Post 5043560)
the only thing I can think of is, You have to have 2 pieces of back dress material and 2 pieces of lining or interfacing. Do you have that? To me Vogue is hard to make. So many instructions!