Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Wacky summer, Here's to Quilting again! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/wacky-summer-heres-quilting-again-t160773.html)

juliasb 10-16-2011 02:47 AM

I have been out of sight for several months. My summer came and went but I haven't a clue what happened to it. I do know it was topsy turvy and not a real stitch of quilting was done until just a few weeks ago. I haven't had time to write here participate in a swap or even read the message boards that I love so much. Hopefully things are beginning to slow back down though and I will again be able to enjoy the quilting that I love so much. The highlight of the summer was the purchase of a Grace Quilting Machine. (The origional). My sister saw it at a garage sale and bought it home the several hundered miles that it needed to travel to get to my sewing room. What a thrill. I love it and have been having a ball finishing up all the UFO's and WIP's I have had here for the last 20 years. Today I am laying out blocks from the "Black White and Bright" swap I did here some time ago. Now it is time to get back into the swing of things here. I have missed everyone so very much

Murphy 10-16-2011 02:48 AM

Welcome back. You are now ready to create, create, create (smile).

blueangel 10-16-2011 03:05 AM

Welcome back

GABBYABBY 10-16-2011 03:27 AM

Glad you are back!!! Can't wait to see all the
things you are doing.

juliasb 10-16-2011 04:44 AM

I pulled a few fabrics from my stash and have begun cutting 2 1/2" strips so I can make the blocks stand out even more than they already do. What a bright quilt this will be. I should have the top sewn together today if I get away from the computer for a bit. Julia

Chicca 10-16-2011 04:45 AM

Wow...sounds like you have had a busy time. Such a wonderful sister you have to get and deliver a Grace Quilting Machine! I bet you could hardly stop jumping up and down (I would). Continue to have a great time creating and welcome back. Thanks for sharing.

juliasb 10-16-2011 04:48 AM

Yeah, the summer was filled with some not so happy family difficulties that you just have to go through from time to time. I haven't stopped smiling though since she bought it down and she and my younger sister helped put it up that same night. Anytime there is not a quilt on it it looks so naked. So I just have to keep quilting. Julia

QuiltnNan 10-16-2011 04:57 AM

Welcome back :)

juliasb 10-16-2011 05:03 AM

It is already good to be back among quilting buddies! The response is almost overwhelming. Now I have to remember my way around here :)

Jill 10-16-2011 05:08 AM

For some reason life often gets in the way of our quilting plans, but the important thing is you are back and we're glad to see you on here. Sounds like you're having fun with your new quilting frame.