Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   We have ice!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/we-have-ice-t35406.html)

marsye 01-29-2010 06:16 AM

3 Attachment(s)
You can have it! I want snow, not ice!!!!

marsye 01-29-2010 06:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:oops:

Maksi 01-29-2010 06:18 AM

getting cold by looking at these pics....brrrrr

QuiltingGrannie 01-29-2010 06:20 AM

They are calling for 4 inches up to 14 inches here over the next 24 hours! You can have the snow! ( and keep the ice).
Hope your power stays on and you have lots and lots of fabric so you can quilt!

Piedmont Quilter 01-29-2010 06:23 AM

It's headed our way too. Calling for 13+ snow in NC mountains, 6+ snow in foothills and ice in piedmont. You can guess from my screen name where I live. Would MUCH rather have the snow than ice!! Stay safe & warm.

Bailey's mom 01-29-2010 06:25 AM

Welcome to muy world!!!!
I do have to say though that the sun is shining today!!!Feels and looks so good!!!

montanaquilter 01-29-2010 06:29 AM

hope you don't loose your power like we did in our area last weekend. if you get more snow and ice just sit back and relax and quilt away!! beautiful pictures by the way!! I love snowy and icy pictures but I too: HATE THE SNOW AND ICE!!

Ninnie 01-29-2010 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Piedmont Quilter
It's headed our way too. Calling for 13+ snow in NC mountains, 6+ snow in foothills and ice in piedmont. You can guess from my screen name where I live. Would MUCH rather have the snow than ice!! Stay safe & warm.

Headed for us for sure this time, R. We have plenty of wood stacked up for the fire insert, and lots of soup to warm on top of it, also grill outside to cook of if we have to. It we get what they are calling for, will loose power for sure. I guess our trip to Statesville Saturday is off for sure :roll: :roll: Also have blankets ready to seal off the Den , which is where we live when the power goes. Why can't we just get a few inches of snow???

Piedmont Quilter 01-29-2010 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Ninnie

Originally Posted by Piedmont Quilter

Headed for us for sure this time, R. We have plenty of wood stacked up for the fire insert, and lots of soup to warm on top of it, also grill outside to cook of if we have to. It we get what they are calling for, will loose power for sure. I guess our trip to Statesville Saturday is off for sure :roll: :roll: Also have blankets ready to seal off the Den , which is where we live when the power goes. Why can't we just get a few inches of snow???

I would MUCH rather have the snow. We have just a little wood, (used most of it the 2 weeks it stayed below freezing). If power goes, we have already discussed going to my dads (have gen. hooked to house) or even hooking small gen to our camper. It has gas heat and cooking and gen. will run everything.

You're right "C" ~ looks like the show will be off my plans.

beachlady 01-29-2010 08:23 AM

Ice is beautiful but not fun. Just finished putting in a whole house generator yesterday, so we will be all set if we loose power. It somes on automatically. Was quite pricey, but we have parrots and we are OLD so want to keep warm! LOL