Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   We have a temporary house guest! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/we-have-temporary-house-guest-t193260.html)

auntpiggylpn 06-30-2012 06:08 PM

We have a temporary house guest!

1 Attachment(s)
We had a severe storm come thru our own and neighboring towns yesterday afternoon. Winds up to 90 MPH and a little bit of rain. In our city, we still have 80,000 people without electricity. There are so many trees down that the City workers worked all day today trying to remove them but there are still alot blocked roads. My other half volunteers at the local animal shelter every week, walking and bathing dogs. We got a call today telling us that the shelter doesn't have any power and hasn't had any since last evening. The city told them the power would be back on by Wednesday! They were asking for temporary foster homes for all the dogs up for adoption. We of course said yes and we brought Zurdo, a 1 1/2yo Pomeranian home with us today! Temporarily though because we already have 3 dogs (Shepherd/Akita mix, German Shepherd and a Pomeranian) and 4 cats. Zurdo is pretty well behaved though he does like to chase the cats! Housebroken too, which is a plus! So far, everyone is co-habitating without any major issues!

cwessel47 06-30-2012 07:21 PM

What a good soul to allow a little excitement into the mix! I'll bet your cats will be looking for him for days after he is gone.

Jingle 06-30-2012 07:25 PM

He is a doll, no way could I give him back. I for sure would change his name, don't know how that one came about.

auntpiggylpn 06-30-2012 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Jingle (Post 5329777)
He is a doll, no way could I give him back. I for sure would change his name, don't know how that one came about.

I looked up Zurdo thru Mr. Google and it means "Left Handed" and is also a Mexican Fantasy Adventure movie.

burchquilts 06-30-2012 10:32 PM

Oh, you & me both. He's too cute! Too bad I don't live in Indiana or he'd habe a new home & Leo would have a new brother... LOL! Hope your weather clears up soon. I heard about it on the news. It's just going crazy all over the place, isn't it? Here in WI, it's hotter than... well, you know...

joym 07-01-2012 04:18 AM

ditto..he's a cutie AND housebroken..wow

bjrusty 07-01-2012 04:23 AM

Oh, he's a handsome guy, my Pom Rusty, would love to play with him. I told the vet one time, Rusty needed some pills to calm him down, the vet told me, Rusty would keep me young, sence I'm in my 60's. lol Barb

twoxover 07-01-2012 04:24 AM

oh my gosh...he is the cutest thing!

alwayslearning 07-01-2012 06:24 AM

Sure looks like he could capture your very good, large heart! Good for you!

Stitchit123 07-01-2012 08:02 AM

By any chance could Zurdo be some ones favorite at the pound??