Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   We pay for T.V. service and nothing on (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/we-pay-t-v-service-nothing-t66908.html)

twistedsheets 09-26-2010 02:06 PM

Notice we now have to pay some type of cable or satelite service , and they are really getting outrageous on their prices. And yet their is really nothing worth watching! The weekends are the worst!! And a lot of channels just keep reshowing the same programs all day long! And even , tho I do not subscribe for the movie channels, in the channel guide even those list the same movies all month long! What gives with that! Glad I don't pay for those!! T.V. I am beginning to wonder if I can do without! I depend on the news and like to see their video news coverage, but I am seriously considering turning off service. And I noticed my radio doesn't bring in a descent signal anymore. Will we be all forced to subscribe to Syrius Radio and such and pay to listen to that now! Just my thoughts!!

Quiltforme 09-26-2010 02:09 PM

We cut ours way down because of this. We now spend more time on netflix for $8 a month new movies every tuesday that are instantly sent to our tv through our WII.

twistedsheets 09-26-2010 02:17 PM

I am thinking maybe cheaper to rent a dvd when I want to see something. They have machines her in Ca. for a 24hr rental for 99 cents. Just the basic channels for staelite are almost $70 a month . I'll miss my news but I guess I'll have to do internet to keep up with it. I have 2 news channels on my faves. I could see some video off that, and maybe lower my electric some more because I could unplug T.V. when not in use. Hmmm. I am going to give that some real serious thought! Talk to hubby and make decision, Cause I record his NCIS series when he on road workin, so he can watch on time off, on that dvr box.

stitchinwitch 09-26-2010 02:18 PM

oh twisted - have you been listening my hubby and me? We flip thru all the entire guide and there is not ONE THING to watch! Am I wrong, but years ago when we just had the broadcast channels, wasn't there more to watch then compared to out "150" channels we have now?

Stitchnripper 09-26-2010 02:21 PM

I agree. We just have Basic Extended cable, no bells and whistles and it is plenty for us.

twistedsheets 09-26-2010 02:22 PM

Seriously there was. I know they have brought back some old movies, remember Arsonic and old Lace? But how many times can you watch those. I would like to see Ma and Pa Kettle once in a while. And please, since when did The Wizard Of Oz become become a movie to show for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Who's smoking what at the T.V stations?? But the last few years that when they put it on!!

nonnie 09-26-2010 02:26 PM

I so agree, we are loving our netflix streaming.

sueisallaboutquilts 09-26-2010 02:44 PM

All we watch basically is baseball and movies. I live in Ohio so the only way I get the Yankees is on my computer which is fine with me. I love Turner Classic Movies, it's awesome!
I agree- a zillion channels and nothing on. :D

raptureready 09-26-2010 02:45 PM

I agree, tv is really going downhill. I don't care to see other peoples messes(hoarders) or some guy named Billy chasing vermin when he looks like he could be one or a foul mouthed old drunk running a bar with less efficiency than she's using to run down her son. I don't care for the heavily scripted fake reality shows like Survivor. There are a few shows I like but even they seem to get stale after a few episodes. When I watch tv I want to be entertained, I want to escape the reality of day to day living--not have someone else's day to day living piped into my home. So, mostly I turn it off or watch the history channel or the discovery channel.

AlwaysQuilting 09-26-2010 02:51 PM

Same here.
TV is awful.
I only watch local news, CNN and TCM.