Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Weather. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weather-t206832.html)

ashlett 11-24-2012 12:43 PM

Weather.

I don't know what the weather is like with you guys but here in the UK it is just rain, rain and more rain at the moment. Lots of flooding everywhere and more rain and very strong winds to come overnight and through tomorrow.I am dreading seeing the flooding tomorrow.

Jan in VA 11-24-2012 12:50 PM

Cold, dry, sunny here in central Virginia for many days. I hope things your way will be less drastic than anticipated.

Jan in VA

barny 11-24-2012 12:53 PM

chilly and sunny in Dallas Tx. Send some of your rain our way if you can. We really need it.

SouthPStitches 11-24-2012 12:54 PM

We've had gorgeous weather for the last 2 weeks or so in central New York State. Very cold nights (18-20) but days reaching into the 50's and 60's, bright blue sky and no wind. Beautiful days to be out walking, putting up outside Christmas decorations. BIG change today. Just above freezing and snow squawls coming sideways. What a difference a day makes. May you not sustain any water damage Ashlett.

Kooklabell 11-24-2012 12:56 PM

The weather does seem to be getting more strange as the years go by. Here, Upstate NY, is sunny, snow showers, wind and colder than the past week. We have had those crazy hurricanes though. Certainly NYC never expected to see the flooding Hurricane Sandy brought. I was lucky that time, but we had to rescure my 87 year old in-laws from an 8th floor apartment - no electric, no elevator~! I sure hope that you don't see any flooding like that. Water can destroy so much. Mother nature must be a bit angry with us :(

mary quilting 11-24-2012 12:59 PM

Chilly and sunny and we are in an 11" rain deficit. send the rain here.

MisDixie 11-24-2012 01:01 PM

Snow, snow and more snow here in the NWT Canada. And cold too!

misspriss 11-24-2012 01:08 PM

I will take rain, however I think the snow would benfit us more here in TX. At least it would melt into the ground instead of running off in these big cracks we have. I some that are 3" wide. Inside my fence is like an island surrounded by open ground. Soooo dry.

Sunnye 11-24-2012 02:36 PM

So sorry for your bad weather.
In KY, we a very sunny and warm Thursday. Friday was a lot cooler but still sunny. Today was the same. Monday and Tuesday we have a possibility of snow.
That's our KY weather; never know what to expect.
Cheer up; it always stops raining at some point. I hope you don't get flooded.

GrandmaNewt 11-24-2012 02:47 PM

According to the thermometer on my patio its 70 degrees outside today. Supposed to get a bit breezy and down the the mid 60s next week, but probably back to 70 again for the 1st of December. The weather here is one of the things I love about Las Vegas!