Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-aug-sign-up-t56679.html)

Gwyn 07-31-2010 10:50 PM

Hay everyone. YOu need to report you weight loss to Trupeach1 by tomorrow Aug 1. If you don't report, you can't win.

Grandma12 08-01-2010 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
The rules are.............On Aug 1st weigh yourself and write it down. For the month of Aug you will come here for incouragement, tips, recipes and most important {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}. On Aug31 you will weigh yourself again and PM me with your loss. This is on the honor system. The person who lost the most amount will win a prize. The prize is a FQ from the people who lost less. The loser of the challenge will contact the BIGGEST loser for the contact info as to where to send their FQ. A person can not win 2 months in a row but they can play along and win everyother month if they are the BIGGEST LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohhh has anyone else seen the vegetable fabrics out?
How fun...but still not in the running.

If you all want, I can be more quiet...
Hugs to you all...
This months THEME.........................Food, apples or oranges, cakes or pies. I would really like to stick to the theme but do not want to turn anyone away so as always if you don't have a FQ with the theme and can not go out and buy one use a FQ from your stash.

PLEASE IF YOU SIGN UP SEND THE FQ TO THE WINNER PEOPLE HAVE NOT DONE SO IN THE PAST AND IT IS REALLY NOT FAIR.

HAVE FUN AND LETS LOSE WEIGHT AND GET HEALTHY!!!!!!!!!!

Grandma12 08-01-2010 02:55 AM

So count me out...just lurking.
Not fair with all the medical help I get, or the restrictions I have to live by just to stay alive.

Hugs to you all, and remember what to do...
Bob Barker had you make choices...what's behind door #1...that naughty food you are not supposed to be eating...

or Grandma12's squishy...if you pick mine to get, no cheating!

So pm me your private mailing addy, but only if you need the choice.

so being quiet now...hear me lurking?

LJSews4Fun 08-01-2010 05:21 AM

I weighed myself this morning and was soooooo happy. I have lost 12 lbs in three months. Whoohoo!
I can now see my feet.lol
Laura

nikki128 08-01-2010 06:06 AM

way to go. 12 lbs rocks!

thequilteddove 08-01-2010 06:13 AM

Ok, I'm officially going to join this challenge! I've been lurking for a long time, but it's way over due that I get my eating habits under control!

As of 1Aug2010: 193.8

As a form of incentive, I'm going to post my stats every Sunday. I am recording my food & exercise using this free website. http://www.livestrong.com/ I hope this will help me to stay honest w/myself.

What programs do you all use to help follow your progress with? If there's a better free program out there, I'd switch over :)

MissyGirl 08-01-2010 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by LJSews4Fun
I weighed myself this morning and was soooooo happy. I have lost 12 lbs in three months. Whoohoo!
Laura

Twelve pounds is WONDERFUL!!!! Being able to see your feet again is a great accomplishment!

Yay for you Laura!

Missy

MissyGirl 08-01-2010 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by thequilteddove
Ok, I'm officially going to join this challenge! I've been lurking for a long time, but it's way over due that I get my eating habits under control!

As of 1Aug2010: 193.8

As a form of incentive, I'm going to post my stats every Sunday. I am recording my food & exercise using this free website. http://www.livestrong.com/ I hope this will help me to stay honest w/myself.

What programs do you all use to help follow your progress with? If there's a better free program out there, I'd switch over :)

I have never used a "program" to keep track of my food intake. I just use an excel document. I am going to look into the one you have mentioned.

I think you are going to do great this month. There are so many great people doing this challenge and we all support each other regardless of which direction the scales go. I weigh in tomorrow at the hospital so I will know what my beginning weight will be. I also have a nutrition class tomorrow and I will share what I learned during this class.

I am really glad that this challenge exists and that there are so many good people doing the same thing I am doing.

Missy

trupeach1 08-01-2010 08:22 AM

OMG.......................we have never had so many people join in the past. With only 20 people before the chances of 2 people losing the same amount of weight were slim to none however with this amount of people if there is more then 1 person that lost the same amount of weight the FQ will be split between the BIGGEST LOSERS!!!!!!!!!!! Did I explain that correct???????????

CAROLJ 08-01-2010 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by LJSews4Fun
Laura

Great job