Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Weird dreams... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weird-dreams-t90091.html)

ginnie6 01-13-2011 06:48 AM

I have been having the weirdest reams lately. the last one was the phone company was bringing back dial phones. Everyone was flocking to get theirs. BUT they weren't real phones. They were these little sock monkey things with elephant noses that you hooked up to a wire. Then the dial part was paper and broke right away. I told you it was weird! another involved me and dh and youngest dd in some weird mall elevators.....anyone that knows me would just fall over in shock to learn I was in a mall! and I've been oversleeping to have these dreams. Makes me almost afraid to sleep!

NCquilter 01-13-2011 06:49 AM

That is strange, but the sock monkey telephone sounds pretty funny!

Murphy 01-13-2011 06:50 AM

Dreams are actually a good thing. It is a way we can safely let out something that is on our mind. Don't be afraid to sleep. Embrace the dream and look at what it is trying to tell you.

raptureready 01-13-2011 06:52 AM

Quit smoking that stuff!!!!

Just kidding. Sometimes we all seem to have some wierd dreams. Have you had a change in medications lately? If so you might want to contact your doctor.

Ditter43 01-13-2011 06:54 AM

That is funny.....I go through spells where I have very strange dreams in the morning. I have even gotten up to go to the bathroom, went back to bed and back into the same dream!! A few times I have gotten up and told my DH the convoluted dream. Sometimes it sticks in my mind for hours before it fades away! :lol:

missgigglewings 01-13-2011 06:59 AM

I think it is something in the air because my dreams lately have been bizarre! Maybe Al Gore was right about global warming!

ginnie6 01-13-2011 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready
Quit smoking that stuff!!!!

Just kidding. Sometimes we all seem to have some wierd dreams. Have you had a change in medications lately? If so you might want to contact your doctor.

Not on any medications except some herbs and no change in them. And if I had something to smoke I might be tempted to try it to see if it helped lol!
As far as I can tell these are happening in the mornings just after dh leaves. He leaves about 5:30 and normally I'm up by 7. the last few days though its been 8 or even 9 before I wake up and they are very vivid detailed dreams. The funny thing is we haven't had a land line in over a year. I haven't eaten anything before bed either......

hobo2000 01-13-2011 07:10 AM

Barometric pressure can stimulate deep sleep which leads to dreams and look at the crazy weather we're having. Could clear up when pressure normalizes, if it does.

dpparris 01-13-2011 07:14 AM

Dial-Up phones would be a NIGHTMARE!!!!! Sorry you are having these dreams.

Years ago I dreamed my yard was covered in cows and I could not get out of my house. I live in the city so this would be very weird. LOL makes for some good laughs.

nativetexan 01-13-2011 08:07 AM

glad no one asked what are dial up phones?? i remember those. messed up fingernails.