Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What did he mean? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-did-he-mean-t91116.html)

KarenR 01-16-2011 01:37 PM

Hi-
The other day my husband asked me this question:
"What do I need to quilt with?"

I gave him a puzzled look - I thought that was what I was doing.

He then told me that I've stuck with quilting longer than anything and that it is not that expensive of a hobby.
I guess if you are not well off you make due with what you have and he likes what I make.

So I got to thinking: What did he mean?
Should I take him to the local quilt shop? NOT!!

What do you think my husband meant? In 5 years we will have been married 25 years - is he planning a surprise?
P.s. for christmas this year he gave me an apron and pj's that's the type of presents I get.

NancyG 01-16-2011 01:39 PM

You better start your list right now. There's Mother's Day, Birthday, Anniversary, Christmas.....oh, and Valentine's day. Maybe he needs new ideas of what to get you. What a guy!!!!!! And don't leave anything out☺

kwendt 01-16-2011 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by KarenR
Hi-
The other day my husband asked me this question:
"What do I need to quilt with?"

I gave him a puzzled look - I thought that was what I was doing.

He then told me that I've stuck with quilting longer than anything and that it is not that expensive of a hobby.
I guess if you are not well off you make due with what you have and he likes what I make.

So I got to thinking: What did he mean?
Should I take him to the local quilt shop? NOT!!

What do you think my husband meant? In 5 years we will have been married 25 years - is he planning a surprise?
P.s. for christmas this year he gave me an apron and pj's that's the type of presents I get.

Well, gosh... when I first read his statement.... I thought he wanted your advice on what HE needed to start quilting himself!!!! I don't know WHAT he means! lol (I've only been married 9 years, and I have to ask '20 questions'... )lol.

auntmag 01-16-2011 02:01 PM

I got a new Janome for Halloween, nothing for Christmas. Last week a new pearl necklace for my birthday in 2 weeks. So with those gifts, I don't feel bad about no gift for Christmas. I did not get him anything either.

CarrieAnne 01-16-2011 02:02 PM

LOL, I thought maybe he was going to start quilting too!

bakermom 01-16-2011 02:07 PM

That was my thought, too.

craftybear 01-16-2011 02:52 PM

maybe he sees you are having fun quilting and he want to learn also???

just ask him!

pennijanine 01-16-2011 03:09 PM

I would tell him a long arm setup!

sueisallaboutquilts 01-16-2011 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by auntmag
I got a new Janome for Halloween, nothing for Christmas. Last week a new pearl necklace for my birthday in 2 weeks. So with those gifts, I don't feel bad about no gift for Christmas. I did not get him anything either.

You got a sewing machine for Halloween????????? WOW!! :D:D:D:D

KarenR 01-16-2011 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by pennijanine
I would tell him a long arm setup!

That is what I wanted to say after thinking about it. But they are out of our price range.