Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What Do You Do When You Are Unable To Quilt? Here's My Project (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-do-you-do-when-you-unable-quilt-heres-my-project-t198494.html)

nygal 08-24-2012 06:25 AM

The hats look great!! When I am not in the mood to quilt I enjoy doing counted cross stitch, needlepoint or knitting.

Tartan 08-24-2012 06:44 AM

Very cute caps! I have been wanting to crochet or knit myself a little sleeved shrug for sitting in the air conditioning. I saw someone wearing one that was done in garter stitch. It was simply a rectangle of knitting that they had sewed both ends into a sleeve shape and left the back part flat. The garter stitch had enough stretch so that the back fit across the neck and shoulders perfectly and the little sleeves were about elbow length. It was done in a soft fluffy yarn.

Neesie 08-24-2012 06:59 AM

Those are adorable!

When I'm not sewing - When the weather turns cooler, I crochet afghans; it's too hot to have them sitting on my lap, during the warmer months. In previous years, I crocheted scarves for the Special Olympics . . . but they discontinued the program, this year (for 2013). I also do embroidery or counted cross stitch, when I'm in the mood.

I also read, but only if I can sit there and enjoy it, without constant interruptions. Whenever I have idle moments, I'm usually here on the computer or doing puzzles. Recently, my DD introduced me to the game, Flow (app on iPhone/iPad); now I'm addicted to it. :shock:

Scraps 08-24-2012 07:06 AM

Your hats are precious. My sister knits caps and she does the Army or Hunter orange yarn. New Daddies love to see their baby sons in those! Wishing you the best with your recovery.

Diannia 08-24-2012 07:30 AM

I crochet scarves for the homeless for winter. I have 6 done so far for this cold season. I make them with a simple double crochet and no fringe. They are for warmth not a fashion show...

Diannia

crafty pat 08-24-2012 07:38 AM

It is so wonderful you found something to do that will be used to bring happiness to so many others. The cap's are darling.

funcupl 08-24-2012 08:28 AM

That doesn't look like nothing....looks awesome to me!
Claudia

burchquilts 08-24-2012 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by twinkie (Post 5463716)
Do you think some of the colors (different than newborn colors) are too far out? I just thought not everyone would love the soft looking "baby" colors.

No, I think they're all adorable! Younger mothers may tend to like the brighter colors (I've noticed moms my kids' age seem to like bright colors for their babies). I'm so glad you found something you like to do so your time will pass more quickly! I wish I knew one end of a needle or hook so I could make some, too!

twinkie 08-24-2012 03:56 PM

Thanks to everyone of you for the kind and supportive comments. I love my QB family.

AuntieD 08-24-2012 05:50 PM

Lovely hats and the parents always appreciate them.