Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What dumb or silly things have you done? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-dumb-silly-things-have-you-done-t35648.html)

craftybear 01-31-2010 02:58 PM

Okay this will be a fun thread to say what dumb or silly things that we have done. I need a good laugh!

Karen

quazyquilter 01-31-2010 04:22 PM

I either forget to put the water/ or the coffee in the coffeemaker. This happens at least once every couple of weeks... I can't find my glasses and they're usually on top of my head... I keep sewing because I don't notice that I am out of bobbin thread... Need I go on???? :roll:

earthwalker 01-31-2010 04:27 PM

Too many to mention....piecing a doona cover yesterday...sewed at least 3 panels wrong side up, I mean what is so hard about "right sides together" AARGH!

craftybear 01-31-2010 04:27 PM

Hi,

Yes, please go on and tell us more! That is funny!

I looked all over the house for my watch and it was where I put it duhh the night stand.

I know I am getting older, only 53 but my brain left my body.

Karen

Originally Posted by quazyquilter
I either forget to put the water/ or the coffee in the coffeemaker. This happens at least once every couple of weeks... I can't find my glasses and they're usually on top of my head... I keep sewing because I don't notice that I am out of bobbin thread... Need I go on???? :roll:

craftybear 01-31-2010 04:28 PM

Hi,

I understand when I was sewing my first rag quilt was sewing them wrong and had to keep ripping them out.

Karen

Originally Posted by earthwalker
Too many to mention....piecing a doona cover yesterday...sewed at least 3 panels wrong side up, I mean what is so hard about "right sides together" AARGH!

adriansmom 01-31-2010 06:17 PM

Tried to sew down the binding on my quilt..walking foot started making a horrible noise. I had threaded the needle...NOT THE MACHINE!! Needless to say, there was quite a bird's nest going.

quazyquilter 01-31-2010 06:51 PM

brain? Me? what brain? Or should I say mind? My mind leaves me on many occasions, I wear my slippers to the car...*#!)... I live in a winter wonderland(I wonder when winter will end). I have been known to look for something, only to sit down and it is right beside me, right where I left it! I don't always remember to do things in the right order, but eventually, I get them done. :-D. I don't go out of the house anymore until daylight, because I have to make sure my socks match. AND YOU THINK YOU HAVE PROBLEMS???? All this, and they even let me be a substitute teacher...Aren't you glad that I am not teaching your kids????

littlehud 01-31-2010 07:25 PM

I went to work the other day and couldn't see a thing. Everything was blurry. I thought my eyes must really be going bad til I realized I had put on my old glasses (two eye exams ago) instead of my new ones. Duh.

chris_quilts 01-31-2010 07:34 PM

Put my sewing ruler (my fav) in a safe obvious place. Took me 4 days to find it again and right in plain sight. Lost the tv remote about a week ago and still can't find it - hubby broke out new one after 2 days. Put the cat food down for the dog who was whining for food. Need I go on??

2wheelwoman 01-31-2010 07:40 PM

I wear contacts, with one eye corrected for close-up and one for distance (called monovision). I once spent a whole blurry day before I realized I had the contacts in the wrong eyes. Duh! What's so hard about right and left!