Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What a job.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-job-t179875.html)

nativetexan 02-19-2012 08:55 AM

believe me, i know i won't live long enough to use up all my fabrics. i gave lots of it away, more to go.

Linda1 02-20-2012 07:28 AM

My husband has never made that remark about my fabric although it would be true. LOL He has remarked about the cost of some things. That is when I remind him that he has more money in one antique car that never leaves the garage than I do in all my fabric, machines and notions. He just smiles and leaves me alone.

lalaland 02-20-2012 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by sandypants (Post 4988636)
I like the answers you gave me. But I do throw this up to him every once in while...Like the 2 tractors, boat, El camino he has. Plus all the toy tractors, cars, semi trucks, he has. So that shuts him up for while. LOL....

That's the trick, make sure hubby has a hobby where he's collecting as much as you (I prefer to say I have a fabric collection vs. stash). My hubby woodworks, he collects chunks of wood like I collect fabric. Oh, and like sandypants hubby, let's not forget the 2 life size tractors he has as well as his collection of miniature tractors.

LenaBeena 02-20-2012 10:52 AM

What are comic book backings? Pieces of cardboard? Sorry, my ignorance in these matters is showing.:)

Crqltr 02-20-2012 11:12 AM

My husband does not have a hobby...owns a business so he figures that's all he needs. He has no idea what I have or pay...I work too so I figure I earned it! I also bought the comic boards and the bigger plastic ones and have a vision of a neat sewing room...we shall see. Right now most of my stuff is pulled out into the center of the room so it can be taken care of properly. Hope it works!

penski 02-20-2012 04:30 PM

i will be waiting to see the room

sandypants 02-20-2012 05:17 PM

To LenaBeena
Yes, they are pieces of cardboard, but they are acid free, which is good for wrapping fabric around. You can find them online or comic book stores. I got mine from Amazon and Ebay. Just put in search "Comic book backings" and that should bring up places to purchase. Hope that helps.

sandypants 02-23-2012 12:56 PM

Boy, I hope you can all be patient about seeing my organized fabric, because DH still hasn't finished with the shelves. I'm not saying anything nasty about it, but it rhymes with wazy......Must be patient....which is not me.

maryb119 02-23-2012 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Linda1 (Post 4991299)
My husband has never made that remark about my fabric although it would be true. LOL He has remarked about the cost of some things. That is when I remind him that he has more money in one antique car that never leaves the garage than I do in all my fabric, machines and notions. He just smiles and leaves me alone.

This is so true!!!! My DH's car AKA "the Baby" costs way more than quilting does!