Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What???? SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-snow-t68956.html)

craftybear 10-08-2010 07:55 AM

thanks for sharing the snow pictures for us, it will be here soon!

Midwestmary 10-08-2010 06:17 PM

We're looking at record high temps here in Iowa for tomorrow....this transplanted Minnesotan is wishing for snow too :) !!!

Melinda in Tulsa 10-08-2010 06:21 PM

Girl, I don't need pictures to remind me of last winter, and the 2 winters before that!!!!!!!

I love the weather we are having right now and wish it would stay like this year round :lol:

I sure we hope a mild winter this year. I hate the cold (and snow). Having livestock, I have to get out in it everyday. Give me heat any day!

quiltingaz 10-08-2010 07:07 PM

Beautiful pics of snow. I don't imagine I will see much snow unless I travel in the winter. I now live in the desert, before I lived in NW Oregon and we rarely got such beautiful snow, mostly drizzly rain all winter.

Of course, when I was driving truck I saw way too much. I did not like driving in the snow and putting on chains, YUCK. Glad to be settled in one location again

Gramof6 10-08-2010 07:14 PM

I think the snow is gorgeous & love to watch it fall.
"I" Personally do not have to get out in it though. Big difference. My DH, kids & oldest DGS has to get & drive in it. DH & youngest DS has to work in it, so I do feel for those that cannot stay indoors & enjoy the snow from looking out at it. Getting out in a vehicle with snow or ice on the road, scares me senseless. We don't usually get a lot of snow here, but usually 1 good gift of Ice. Which I do not like at all!

wvdek 10-08-2010 07:38 PM

Ick! Pooey! Ewww! No, no, no! Don't want any.

quiltnchik 10-08-2010 07:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
Yucky pooh!!
My part of VA got enough snow last year to last me for the next 6 years!! Keep it in your neck of the woods! :lol:

Jan in VA

The winter we had this past year reminded me of the winters we had when I was growing up here in VA. They say weather patterns go through cycles, so I guess we shall see ;)

Melting snow for water while power was out
[ATTACH=CONFIG]95228[/ATTACH]

Melinda in Tulsa 10-08-2010 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Gramof6
I think the snow is gorgeous & love to watch it fall.
"I" Personally do not have to get out in it though. Big difference. My DH, kids & oldest DGS has to get & drive in it. DH & youngest DS has to work in it, so I do feel for those that cannot stay indoors & enjoy the snow from looking out at it. Getting out in a vehicle with snow or ice on the road, scares me senseless. We don't usually get a lot of snow here, but usually 1 good gift of Ice. Which I do not like at all!

Do you remember late Nov or early Dec of 08 (I think, I have CRS!) We had a blizzard and Tulsa got 10 inches of snow. Beautiful until I had to go outside. Then shortly after that we had that awful ice storm?

Lynnie25 10-08-2010 10:03 PM

Love the snow photos but eagerly awaiting the warm summer weather here in Aust :)