Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What is up with this weather???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-up-weather-t20132.html)

Shadow Dancer 05-14-2009 12:48 PM

Last night we had light snow flurries, today it's below freezing, north winds and it's cold out there! Environment Canada have now issued a Winter Storm Watch for us, this storm is supposed to hit us tomorrow afternoon and they are expecting 15cm or more snow!!!

I think Mother Nature is confused!! lol

Izy 05-14-2009 01:44 PM

Oh poor you Shadow, well after the winter we have had here in Spain, I think there has got to be some truth in the concerns about global warming, but thankfully the weather is finally starting to warm up nicely now...hope your summer arrives soon :D

Ducky 05-14-2009 01:56 PM

I wonder what that will do to all your blooming plants and flowers? Whenever we get a snow this late in the year, we always end up with broken branches and squished plants. Stay in and QUILT!

sharon b 05-14-2009 02:03 PM

Mother Nature has Alzheimers (spelling) ... I can't figure it out either :evil: Just stay in where its warm and quilt.. quilt...quilt...
Sharon

beachlady 05-14-2009 02:30 PM

We have so much wind today that my taller plants are taking a beating. Suppose to be a frost tonight in southern Maine, but I have not heard about any snow. I hope my annuals we just planted make it through the night.

Sorry that you are suppose to get snow Shadow.

Shemjo 05-14-2009 02:44 PM

Brrrr. Mother's Day is supposed to bring nicer weather!

I think Mother Nature is really confused! Global Warming gets more real when the weather gets this crazy!

zyxquilts 05-14-2009 10:14 PM

.....And here in SoCal, they're saying it's going to be HOT, maybe even in the high 90F's! (30C?)

reneebobby 05-15-2009 02:29 AM

I wish I knew what was up with old mother nature it's cold here in Cleveland and dampoh and windy. YUCKY I still haven't started to tan. I heard it's suppose to be 10 degrees colder this year YIKES.

quilter1962 05-15-2009 02:38 AM

Phew

And there I was thinking we were the only ones having bizzarre weather conditions!!!
Last week end was lovely - I spent most of my time in the garden pottering around. Monday was Okish - Tuesday overcast & since then it's just rained & rained & rained with high winds. Had to put the heating back on too as there has certainly been a nip in the air.
Hopefully Mother Nature will sort herself out soon - pleeeease!!!!

Tisha

PrettyKitty 05-15-2009 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by quilter1962
Phew

And there I was thinking we were the only ones having bizzarre weather conditions!!!
Last week end was lovely - I spent most of my time in the garden pottering around. Monday was Okish - Tuesday overcast & since then it's just rained & rained & rained with high winds. Had to put the heating back on too as there has certainly been a nip in the air.
Hopefully Mother Nature will sort herself out soon - pleeeease!!!!

Tisha

I know Tisha, what has it been like!!! I was COLD again last night when I got into bed. Was thinking last week of changing from winter to summer duvet but not any more!