Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What would you do? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-would-you-do-t142309.html)

joyce blint 08-03-2011 08:12 AM

My sister-in-law asked me to sew some garage curtains for her. July 20th, I bought some lining at Joann's, I mentioned that I was short on time. The clerk said "I'm not supposed to tell you this, but I could whip those out for you this evening for $10.00." I dropped the fabric and instructions by her hse that aft'n. (She had 5 children under age 5). Now,it's been acouple wks and she's had excuse after excuse. One was she was out of town for a few days. She no longer answers my emails. I'm tempted to try to contact her at or thru the store. But I really don't want her to lose her job. I could have had them done several x's by now. What would you do? Any suggestions?

jljack 08-03-2011 08:13 AM

Go to the store and confront her about it. That was totally inappropriate for her to solicit your work and then totally ignore you.

Don't hold off. Go today!!

Kehoeta 08-03-2011 08:15 AM

Talk to her at the store. Let her know that if you see no progress you will speak to the store manager. She probably doesn't want to lose her job either.

BarbaraSue 08-03-2011 08:15 AM

I would go to the store and find her and ask her to give back the material and pattern. If she looses her job, that's really not your problem. She took the risk to ask what she was told there not to do. then she hasn't fulfilled the promise. I hope you didn't prepay her, because you are out the money for sure.

bjeriann 08-03-2011 08:15 AM

I would go to her work and talk to her. If she didn't stand by her promise to have them done in one evening, I wouldn't worry about her job. You wonder how many others she has done this to.

greenini 08-03-2011 08:17 AM

I would really go to her at the store, ask for the fabric and patterns and any money back and tell her you WILL report her to the manager if she doesn't get it back to you within whatever reasonable time frame you think. I would make it a only a day or 2, this is way too long already.

amandasgramma 08-03-2011 08:18 AM

I agree with everyone......she deserves to lose her job because she's not followed the rules. You should not be out money because of her!

valsma 08-03-2011 08:20 AM

Since she is not answering your efforts to contact her, a face to face may be the only way to do it. I agree that if it comes to the attention of her employer and she loses her job, that really isn't your responsiblity. She took a risk by telling you she could and would do them for you while at her place of employment. Yes, it would be terrible, but since she is ignoring your efforts, what option is she giving you, but to confront the situation at her job. Good luck, I hope you get it all worked out.

fabrichore 08-03-2011 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by BarbaraSue
I would go to the store and find her and ask her to give back the material and pattern. If she looses her job, that's really not your problem. She took the risk to ask what she was told there not to do. then she hasn't fulfilled the promise. I hope you didn't prepay her, because you are out the money for sure.

I agree....

amma 08-03-2011 09:26 AM

I would give her one more chance, send an email and let her know the next step will be to visit her at the store, if she doesn't respond back immediately.
Hopefully she will respond, it would be sad for her to lose her job, it isn't her childrens fault and they would suffer greatly if she did....