Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What is your favorite sandwich? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-your-favorite-sandwich-t101812.html)

grandma Janice 02-22-2011 06:55 PM

my favorite is peanut butter and bananas but they don't like me. so I mix honey with the peanut butter and that's good too.

neeng 02-22-2011 07:15 PM

Fresh from the garden thick slice of tomato, on white, with mayo on one slice, butter on the other, salt and pepper. A slice of heaven.

(But a good shaved turkey on rye with mayo is a close second!)

dreamer2009 02-22-2011 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
I made a sandwich for lunch and thought this is one of my favorite sandwiches but I don't make it very often. It was two slices of wheat bread toasted with Miracle Whip and then I melt swiss cheese on either shaved ham or slices of chopped ham. Yummmm I love it!

I think my all time favorite number one sandwich is my own beefburgers. Cooked crumbled hamburger and mushroom soup mixed. Then a hamb bun with ketchup(and I have to cover every inch! LOL My dad used to point out any spot I missed - his way of teasing me) and then my homemade Aristocrat pickles(sweet) and onion slices. It is the best!!! No cheese on this one. I do like cheese on a cheeseburger but not my beefburgers.

So what is your favorite sandwich???

BLT

dljennings 02-22-2011 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by SuziC
Mine is surely the BLT....lots of B

me too... always want them the most in the winter... i think its because they taste like summer!

3incollege 02-22-2011 07:36 PM

hoagie with fries and cole slaw on it.(it's a Pittsburgh thing).

caspoohbear 02-22-2011 07:58 PM

peanut butter (crunchy) and pickle slices (dill) on toast (white).

rob529 02-22-2011 08:02 PM

I have 3. Tomato and mayo. Turkey, miracle whip and cranberry sauce. Tuna salad. I make mine with grated sweet apple, diced sweet pickle, egg, miracle whip and mayo. Creamier that way. Oh and homemade chicken salad. Made the same as tuna.

rob529 02-22-2011 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by caspoohbear
peanut butter (crunchy) and pickle slices (dill) on toast (white).

I grew up with p-nut butter and sweet pickle sandwiches. Haven't thought of those in yrs. Now I want one and I just restarted Weight Watchers yesterday.
Robin in TX

rob529 02-22-2011 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by emerald46
Tuna Salad w/ walnuts and apples or good ole grilled cheese.

I like chicken salad like this except pecans instead of walnuts and add grapes.

cosyquilter 02-22-2011 08:10 PM

Fench dip with horseradish

roast turkey, swiss cheese, avocado slices, tomato w mayo on toasted sourdogh french bread

BLT with swiss cheese melted

Subway's Sweet Onion Teriyaki Chicken on Parm bread

HMMMM, maybe I should open a sandwich shop....