Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What is your pet peeve? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-your-pet-peeve-t99243.html)

Sadiemae 02-12-2011 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by KathyAire
People who put their trash sacks at the curb the night before pick up. The stray dogs or cats tear into it and there is garbage all over. The next week, they do the same thing.

You can't put trash sacks on the ground here, they have to be in the cans or they don't get picked up.

Sadiemae 02-12-2011 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by wolph33

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
I can't stand it when the shower curtain touches me.

I don't mind it

Our shower doesn't have a curtain or door.

My whole bathroom would be a big water puddle.

hperttula123 02-12-2011 08:54 PM

People who put their trash sacks at the curb the night before pick up. The stray dogs or cats tear into it and there is garbage all over. The next week, they do the same thing.

You can't put trash sacks on the ground here, they have to be in the cans or they don't get picked up.

We don't have garbage pick up here. We have to recycle everything we can and we burn the little bit that we can't recycle.

Sadiemae 02-12-2011 08:57 PM

We have to have a fire permit to burn, and I don't think anyone knows what the word recycle means.

hperttula123 02-12-2011 08:58 PM

We have to have a fire permit to burn, and I don't think anyone knows what the word recycle means.

We get fire permits too. I recycle everything I possibly can because I have to pay for bags for the ashes in the burn barrel to get rid of it. The less I burn, the better.

tuesy 02-12-2011 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by sharoney
People who walk through the doors of the grocery store with their cart and then just stop- to dig in their purse, or whatever- and block the way. Drives me insane.

I'm sorry! That was me!

isewhappy 02-12-2011 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
I cringe when I hear the advertisement on TV that says their product is "gooder" or when I hear news commentators say "You guys......." or "these guys"......ARRRRGH!

The general decline of the English language. Speaking/Spelling - I cringe at: "I seen it" "Yous guys" "It don't matter" - just to name a few.

Jan in VA 02-12-2011 09:03 PM

I hate it when the covers are too tight over my toes in the bed at night. :lol:

Also, when the neighbor's sweet old dog drags the cat food dish off into the yard.

Oh, and when I have to stand at the sink with the water running for a full minute til it warms up enough to put my hands under it in the winter. Just hate that!

Jan in VA

imanoni 02-12-2011 09:04 PM

My pet peeves are people (including newscasters) who use "I and "Me" in the wrong place "Rose spent the day with Jake and I instead of "Rose spent the day with Jake and me"...it just grates!

Servers in restaurants who refer to my lady friends and me as "You Guys".

Sapphire_Rae 02-12-2011 09:04 PM

I had to look and see if your location was Montana. Same here.