Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What's On Your Christmas List? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/whats-your-christmas-list-t26257.html)

Esqmommy 09-30-2009 05:12 AM

I want a roller suitcase for my sewing machine.

I also want EQ6, and possibly an accu-quilt dye cutter.

We'll see, hubby still does not have a job. It may just be that Santa comes for the kids and not mom/dad this year!

Mousie 09-30-2009 10:14 AM

I want a laptop, and that and a couple? dollars will get you a cup of coffee. (I hear some Starbucks are 8.00!)
So, I will be happy if I get certain projects finished by then.
Will give my big kids and hubbies, money in a card, homemade goodies (edibles), and maybe some small things, like ornaments.
The grandbabies...I don't know yet. Have to talk to their mommies.
Me and hubby usually pick out our gift and I wrap them up.
I'll probably get some fabric like last year, and everybody laughs when I open it and feign surprise and glee :wink:

amma 09-30-2009 11:43 AM

I would love all my kids home for Christmas...will have to settle for 2 out of 3... Maybe next year though :wink: :D :D

mytwopals 09-30-2009 11:58 AM

Seeing my mom and dad for XMAS. They weren't able to make it last year.

Boston1954 09-30-2009 02:01 PM

I told my husband and sister that if it is not chocolates, perfume, fabric, or movies, they should save their money. I have reached the age where I have started giving things away. No room anyhow.........

Pam B 09-30-2009 03:48 PM

I love gift certificates to my LQS...that is the gift that is most fun for me. There is really nothing that I truly want/need....and with 2 daughters in college right now, we have cut back a little bit on Xmas. I enjoy making gifts for others...several family members are getting lap quilts, etc. Of course, I would truly LOVE a new serger and a new embroidery machine, but I think those will have to wait a couple of years. :) Honestly, I love most everything about the holidays...the meaning, the decorating, the sounds & smells...but I truly could do without the frantic 'spend everything you have plus some' retail push.

Barbm 09-30-2009 04:42 PM

I don't usually make a list since I "treat" myself all year long. Making potholders and casserole carriers for my girls (5) and throws for the girls at the office (3). And I want to make a table runner for myself and teach myself to make the folded star ornaments I didn't get to last year.

Trying not to make too much pressure for myself. Will decorate this year since the babies are a little older.

barnbum 09-30-2009 05:38 PM

EQ6--maybe. I'm worried I'll quilt even less. I'm down to weekends now.

And shavings and horse treats and horse feed..... :wink: That's what I ask for for my b-day, too.

I've started getting a few things. Some honey for Justin's girl, some maple syrup for Rachel. Some hand stuff for them. Justin wants a rachet thingy--we'll pick that up.

k3n 10-01-2009 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by barnbum
EQ6--maybe. I'm worried I'll quilt even less.

This is my thought exactly! :D

As for giving, I'm doing 3 lap quilts - two for kids I know and one for an adult friend. Beyond that I haven't thought. I think Joey will get a new bike as he's out grown his, don't know about Lily yet, but she won't care as long as it's PINK! :D