Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Where to buy 34F Bra? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/where-buy-34f-bra-t72539.html)

Keepmelaffn 10-26-2010 07:36 PM

I've been wearing the wrong size bra for some time now & didn't even know it...had a fitting at a specialty lingerie store last week...lady told me that I'm not a 36D...I'm a 34F (F=DDDD in some brands). Problem I'm having is that the stores like Sears, WalMart, Kmart, etc. don't carry that size. J.C. Penny carries some, but at the time they don't have anything that I'd care to wear (I don't particulary care for underwire bras :thumbdown: )...Macy's & Nordstrom's bras in my new size are so pricey I can't afford them for the love of Larry! (I can buy 2 outfits that people will actually see me in for the price they want for one bra!)...anyone know where I might be able to get affordable bras in that size that are well-made and affordable or do I have to resort to breast reduction surgery? lol

Leota 10-26-2010 07:40 PM

I am seriously considering making my own bras... I have a book(my text book from my corset class in college) that goes step by step... only problem is to purchase it is about $60...
You might consider investing in a Junique bra.. pricey but well worth the fit. You can find them online.

Jodie02b 10-26-2010 07:41 PM

Fredricks has bras in that size and they usually have great sales. I wash mine in the machine, so they are pretty durable as well.

JanTx 10-26-2010 07:41 PM

My daughter is 5 feet tall and a 34DD. When she was pregnant I forget what size she needed, but as you say - very pricey. She went on ebay and found the same size and brand that the fancy bra stores had to offer at half the price. So ... start googling and see what you come up with.

Jodie02b 10-26-2010 07:43 PM

I just checked and they have a 2 for $26 sale online, it's just a matter of you finding a cut you like.

wolfkitty 10-26-2010 07:44 PM

There is an online store Bare Necessities, that sells all kinds of bras, and all different sizes. They may be able to help you. It's

barenecessitites.com

lab fairy 10-26-2010 07:46 PM

Victoria's Secret? Believe it or not during their semi-annual sale they are not out of orbit on pricing. Their new Incredible bra is really nice.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 10-26-2010 07:46 PM

check out bare necessities -- it's the add at the top of the page!

butterflywing 10-26-2010 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jodie02b
Fredricks has bras in that size and they usually have great sales. I wash mine in the machine, so they are pretty durable as well.

i think they run small.

butterflywing 10-26-2010 08:15 PM

there's a catalogue company called 'just for you' that has them all the time. often they run sales. send me your address and the next time i get one, i'll forward it to you and you can get on their mailing list. those are under $40 up to an H. we'll call that $$.

also come on over to NYC and i'll take you to the right stores. they fit you and everything. they have them right in stock and you can try them all on for the absolutely right size while a tailor and his wife yell at you when you want the wrong one. when you leave that store, everything is right where it belongs. and your shoulders aren't killing you. those are $$$$. aren't there custom places in ca?

EDIT: i just reread your post. the catalogue is the way to go when they have sales. i don't know what price you're looking for, but they have about $30 on sale for no underwire with a fair - good selection. i never have any luck at sears or penney.