Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Who has their sewing machine in their bedroom? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/who-has-their-sewing-machine-their-bedroom-t29156.html)

Butterfli19 11-22-2009 01:24 PM

We went and looked at a few apartments today and naturally they are 2 bedroom so I would have to set up my machine in my bedroom. They are big enough to do that but I was wondering...does it feel odd to sew in your bedroom?

So many new things...

bearisgray 11-22-2009 01:27 PM

When we winter in the RV park, some of the people sew in the bedroom part - some use the kitchen table - some use the Florida room -

depends on how big their trailer is and who they are living with.

LindaR 11-22-2009 02:05 PM

my computer is in my bedroom....sewing machine is in 3rd bedroom....I would cry if I ever had to give it up LOL

sarahelloyd 11-22-2009 02:18 PM

Yes, mine is in our bedroom, when I finish with it I cover it over, the painful bit is a: having to tidy up each evening, and b: making sure there are no pins on the floor, I have taken to using the brightly coloured glass pins. My theory was that to quilt anywhere is better than not to quilt. Have fun.

amma 11-22-2009 02:28 PM

I have sewn in every room of every place I have ever lived LOL
There are some nice folding sewing units available. They have a lot of storage and tidying up is quicker and easier.

kluedesigns 11-22-2009 02:41 PM

when i lived alone, before getting married, my sewing room was my bedroom.

i phrase it that way because the sewing stuff far out weighed the bedroom stuff that was in the room :shock: :lol:

alaskasunshine 11-22-2009 02:46 PM

I have a quilt room but I hardly ever sew there. I like to be where my sweetie is. I do create there but sew generally out of our home.

Sometimes I sew on the diningroom table.

BellaBoo 11-22-2009 03:14 PM

Before I took over one of the rooms in the house as my sewing room. I used the living room. I had a machine that was in a fold away cabinet so when I wasn't sewing it was used as a lamp table. This was before I started quilting though. Then it was goodbye living room, get your butts out of the den it's all mine now. If you live alone having a sewing room in the bedroom would be pretty nice. Get tired of sewing and go right to bed. :D I would have a fit if DH said he wanted to go to bed and I'd have to stop sewing. Nope wouldn't work if I had to share the bedroom.

Shemjo 11-22-2009 03:18 PM

Never had to do that. Have always had the sewing machine in the living room, or dining room.

Butterfli19 11-22-2009 03:30 PM

It will be okay, I'm sure.

One of the models had a nice slender desk that would be a perfect sewing table. It looked just like an old writing table with two slim drawers under the top. I could store some things under it and my legs would be able to stretch out.

I'd love to find something like that. I can't stop thinking about that desk.