Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   who knew??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/who-knew-t204625.html)

sewnsewer2 10-30-2012 05:23 AM

who knew???

2-1/2 years ago we adopted 3 cats from the shelter. Ok, they were already fixed and 3 mos old at the time. Well..... my Daisy was cleaning herself yesterday and I discovered she is a HE! I mean who knew? I was told it was a girl, so I went with that when I named her.

He knows his name so it is staying. My other cat Romeo is a female too. :rolleyes:

susansomethings 10-30-2012 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2 (Post 5623105)
2-1/2 years ago we adopted 3 cats from the shelter. Ok, they were already fixed and 3 mos old at the time. Well..... my Daisy was cleaning herself yesterday and I discovered she is a HE! I mean who knew? I was told it was a girl, so I went with that when I named her.

He knows his name so it is staying. My other cat Romeo is a female too. :rolleyes:

I found a mother and kittens behind a store I worked at several years ago. I took a kitten and some of the other girls I worked with took one and the mother too. Well when I checked I thought it was a girl. so we named her Tinker Bell. Well sometime later ...atleast a year or so she sat there cleaning herself too...that when I noticed also that my girl cat was NOT a girl...!!! I almost died laughing. Well we didn't change the name...just shortened it to "Tinky" I still chuckle when I think about it. So your not alone.

Tartan 10-30-2012 05:46 AM

Well thank goodness he/she was fixed or you could have little kitties by now.:D

sewnsewer2 10-30-2012 06:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 5623153)
Well thank goodness he/she was fixed or you could have little kitties by now.:D

You're right! LOL
Here they are, the gray/white is Daisy.

willferg 10-30-2012 06:31 AM

We had a cat join us for awhile. It was the biggest, toughest-looking yet friendliest ever tom cat, and we called him Stripes. But a neighbor who was more knowledgeable insisted he was a she, so we called the cat Princess. We took the cat to a vet and said it was a she, and no one said otherwise. Sometime later we went to another vet who informed us she was in fact a he. So we were back to Stripes.

He left us sometime after that. He was so friendly, just made himself at home with us and our other pets, that he either found a new home or went back to his old home. And when I think of all the times we crooned "Pretty pretty Princess" to him, and he just ate it up with a spoon, lol.

luvstoquilt 10-30-2012 06:53 AM

I understand! I found Peach in a park...I thought I had a little girl kitten but when I took "her" to the Dr. Cameron he said, "Sharon, I think Miss Peach is Mr. Peach!" We gave him a more masculine name by adding Fred C. to his name. He is officially known as "Mr. Fred C.(for cat) Peach". He is neutered and he is the love of my life!

nativetexan 10-30-2012 07:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
he, he. We took in a mama cat and her two kittens. they were pretty feral so i couldn't get near them much. One kitten was very small and the other very large and muscular. the large one began to show interest in the mama in ways that made me "know" it was a male. Well we finally got the kittens to the Vet's office and found they both were girls!! i'd named one Sissie (for Sister) and one Buddy (for Brother). sigh. changed Buddy to Buddie and then to BuddieRose. We call her Rosie mostly now.

susansomethings 10-30-2012 07:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]373463[/ATTACH]Here is my cat...

Originally Posted by susansomethings (Post 5623151)
I found a mother and kittens behind a store I worked at several years ago. I took a kitten and some of the other girls I worked with took one and the mother too. Well when I checked I thought it was a girl. so we named her Tinker Bell. Well sometime later ...atleast a year or so she sat there cleaning herself too...that when I noticed also that my girl cat was NOT a girl...!!! I almost died laughing. Well we didn't change the name...just shortened it to "Tinky" I still chuckle when I think about it. So your not alone.

susansomethings 10-30-2012 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan (Post 5623390)
he, he. We took in a mama cat and her two kittens. they were pretty feral so i couldn't get near them much. One kitten was very small and the other very large and muscular. the large one began to show interest in the mama in ways that made me "know" it was a male. Well we finally got the kittens to the Vet's office and found they both were girls!! i'd named one Sissie (for Sister) and one Buddy (for Brother). sigh. changed Buddy to Buddie and then to BuddieRose. We call her Rosie mostly now.

Your cat & mine look like Sister & Brother..LOL

Diannia 10-30-2012 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan (Post 5623390)

I just love Rosies cute black nose!