Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   WHY do I have to go (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/why-do-i-have-go-t203023.html)

aliaslaceygreen 10-12-2012 06:30 AM

WHY do I have to go

I want to QUILT. I want to piece and cut and play in my studio ...

WHY do I have to go to work?
WHY do I have to share my days off with housework?

WHO took my lottery ticket anyway?

Yes, I have the day off tomorrow. Now, WHY are all my hours occupied with OTHER things?

Happy Linda 10-12-2012 06:45 AM

Oh my Dear Sister, I know where your at. It's life and we have to enjoy the ride. I am retired now and as I look back, it was stressful and frustrating. Just take a deep breath and sew when you can. It will wait for your tender touch.

Diannia 10-12-2012 06:50 AM

I'm right there with ya sista! DH is working out of town this weekend and what am I doing? Going to dinner tonight with a girl I helped raise that is soon going to Afghanastan and all her friends and family. Tomorrow will be a bday party for her little girl and then keep 2 of my granddaughters overnight. Sunday is church then probably take the girls and their baby brother and mom out to do something fun...not so much time to sew but I figure I'll make memories this weekend and store them up to replay in my mind when I'm retired and sewing...

Diannia

lillybeck 10-12-2012 06:58 AM

My son was laid off work last week and I feel the same way. He shares my sewing room as his place so when he is home I do not go back there to sew. I feel like I invade his space it is not him that cares. I want to rant a bit too.

aliaslaceygreen 10-12-2012 07:18 AM

YAY, a bunch of ranting sisters!! I GET that its all good, overall... First World problems and all that.... it's just I feel INSPIRED suddenly and there is this calendar piling up against my wishes!!!

I get to go to Houston in a few weeeks... I will have all the 'quilting' exposure I can bear... It's just sometimes.....

delma_paulk 10-12-2012 07:26 AM

Such a wonderful thing is ranting! I have had lots and lots of experience in this and have gotten so good at it!
Right this moment don't have a rant, hope it will be a while before I do. However, I do empathize with each one of you.

delma

crafty pat 10-12-2012 08:00 AM

Well now that I am old and can manage my time as I like, I spend a lot of it missing my active years when my kids were home and life was a mad house. Enjoy the busy life you have now as it changes soon enough.

aliaslaceygreen 10-12-2012 08:21 AM

????????? My thread title just changed????????

bearisgray 10-12-2012 11:38 AM

Or as soon as one has a few dollars set aside - something 'necessary' comes up - like a car repair or an appliance dies or a vet bill - or some unexpected medical expense!

Patchesnposies 10-13-2012 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by crafty pat (Post 5580132)
Well now that I am old and can manage my time as I like, I spend a lot of it missing my active years when my kids were home and life was a mad house. Enjoy the busy life you have now as it changes soon enough.

When my husband and I met we both had 3 teenagers, we raised them together and when they were launched into life we looked around and said "What do we do now?"

We decided we loved being parents, having a loud, boisterous, joy filled house and had another baby (ours together) and adopted 5 more. Even in the midst of the chaos I wouldn't trade it for all of free quilting time in the world!

On those days where the thought, "What was I thinking???!!!", becomes too intrusive (and it does happen) I think about how sad life seemed when I didn't have kids, kittens, and scattered lego on the floor, and sinks full of dishes and piles of the laundry and I pour myself another cup of coffee.....read the QB and rest assured that there is a day coming when I'll have all of the sewing time I could ever hope for and I will MISS this life.