Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Why I haven't quilted for weeks, and a new DSIL (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/why-i-havent-quilted-weeks-new-dsil-t130637.html)

christinetindell 06-15-2011 06:22 AM

12 Attachment(s)
On Sunday, we celebrated the marriage of my oldest daughter and her new son. It was an absolutely gorgeous day with temps in the high 60's and very little wind. I can't remember when I've been so happy!!! I guess except for my wedding day! And yes, I did make them a quilt, except it is in pieces because I could never work on it when she wasn't around. It is a double wedding ring made with Amy Butler fabrics.

I had a bridesmaids brunch the day before. This is the bride, my daughter Catie. I borrowed vintage hats from a friend who runs a B&B and all the girls wore them.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]211790[/ATTACH]

The colors of the wedding were pink, yellow and white and I decorated accordingly. 14 ladies in all attended
[ATTACH=CONFIG]211791[/ATTACH]

Here I am enjoying the day.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]211792[/ATTACH]

This is my precious niece from Seattle who was included in the festivities.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]211800[/ATTACH]

The beautiful bride in the arm of her daddy, my DH
[ATTACH=CONFIG]211801[/ATTACH]

Her dress was stunning. Dupioni silk and Spanish lace. She didn't want to spend $100 on a veil, so she figured it out and made it for under $5. She's got the crafting gene!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]211802[/ATTACH]

This is my baby, the MOH. She was so wonderful and supportive through this whole process.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]211803[/ATTACH]

Giving her away, which was much easier than I thought. He is a wonderful man.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]211804[/ATTACH]

Our famiy. DMIL second from the left. Notice the tissue paper poms. We have been DIYing for the past several months. Invites, programs, decoratiions all made by my daughter and I.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]211805[/ATTACH]

The flowers were wonderful. Vases of big blooms in the chapel windows and on the tables.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]211809[/ATTACH]

We had cakes at every table decorated with fresh flowers. The cake at the head table was two tier. I made all of the table runners. We collected vases for month from the Good will for all of the table flowers.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]211812[/ATTACH]

Jan in VA 06-15-2011 06:23 AM

What a very special day!

Jan in VA

isnthatodd 06-15-2011 06:23 AM

What a great way to spend some time, and now a reason to go shopping and make another quilt!

NancyG 06-15-2011 06:59 AM

Lovely pics. Thanks for sharing!

sewnsewer2 06-15-2011 07:03 AM

What beautiful wedding pics! Thanks for sharing her special day.

RkayD 06-15-2011 07:11 AM

very lovely day. Everything looks so fresh and you should all be proud of the money you saved. I have 5 girls and the thought of them wanting big weddings makes my blood turn to ice. My oldest ran off and came and told me later. Which was lovely and sad at the same time..but at the end of the day its all about them and they are married whether you spend lots of $$ or hardly any at all. =) Congratulations to all!

irishrose 06-15-2011 07:30 AM

The bride and her entire family are beautiful. You're right - the dress is stunning. There is nothing like silk when the occasion warrants it.

amma 06-15-2011 07:31 AM

Thank you for sharing this with us! What a beautiful wedding and family :D:D:D

adyldrop 06-15-2011 07:57 AM

OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE her dress!!!!!!!! She looks stunning!!

grayma 06-15-2011 08:04 AM

She is a beautiful bride! Lovely family photo. Congratulations.