Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Why Parents Drink (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/why-parents-drink-t201359.html)

Ditter43 09-23-2012 06:06 PM

Why Parents Drink

Why Parents Drink

The boss wondered why one of his most valued employees was absent but had not phoned in sick. So he dialed the employee's home phone number and was greeted with a child's whisper. 'Hello ?'

'Is your daddy home?''Yes, he's out in the garden,' whispered the small voice.'

May I talk with him?' The child whispered, 'No.' ; So the boss asked, 'Well, is your Mommy there?' 'Yes, she's out in the garden too'& The boss asked; 'May I talk with her?' Again the small voice whispered, 'No.'

Hoping there was somebody with whom he could leave a message, the boss asked, 'Is anybody else there?''Yes ,' whispered the child, 'a policeman.'Wondering what a cop would be doing at his employee's home, the boss asked, 'May I speak with the policeman?' 'No, he's busy ,

' whispered the child. 'Busy doing what?' ' Talking to Daddy and Mommy and the police dog men. ' Growing more worried as he heard a loud noise in the background, the boss asked, 'What is that noise?' 'It's a helicopter' answered the whispering voice.

'What is going on there?' demanded the boss, now truly apprehensive.'The search team just landed a helicopter' 'A search team?' said the boss.

'What are they searching for?'

Still whispering, the young voice replied with a muffled giggle...'ME'
=

Chasing Hawk 09-23-2012 06:09 PM

Oh my, too funny!

MaryStoaks 09-23-2012 06:11 PM

Thanks Ditter!!!:thumbup:

Linda1 09-24-2012 03:28 AM

That is hilarious. I had 3 boys and each one of them hid from me once each. LOL Thank goodness I never had to call the police but it sure scared me.

Michael_r 09-24-2012 03:57 AM

Too funny!

My question is - why not? It's fun. Your text is funny though. :o

Joset 09-24-2012 04:39 AM

i love it. cute.

Caswews 09-24-2012 06:20 AM

how funny !! and probably so true for someone !LOL

kellen46 09-24-2012 07:24 AM

Oh yes my youngest once did this to me. He left a note saying I was too mean and he was leaving forever. I had tried to make him clean his room you see. Anyway he then hid in the closet, I spent my last dime on gas for the car searching the neighborhood and finally called the police. As they were taking the information, he came out of the closet, rubbing his eyes and said...I fell asleep.... oh my it took all my will power not to start strangling him in front of the cop. As soon as the police left I gave him THE LOOK and threatened a life time of doom...and no he did not clean his room. Sigh...he is now the father of three boys, one still at home and none of them cleaned their room.

Jan in VA 09-24-2012 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by kellen46 (Post 5537656)
Oh yes my youngest once did this to me. He left a note saying I was too mean and he was leaving forever. I had tried to make him clean his room you see. Anyway he then hid in the closet, I spent my last dime on gas for the car searching the neighborhood and finally called the police. As they were taking the information, he came out of the closet, rubbing his eyes and said...I fell asleep.... oh my it took all my will power not to start strangling him in front of the cop. As soon as the police left I gave him THE LOOK and threatened a life time of doom...and no he did not clean his room. Sigh...he is now the father of three boys, one still at home and none of them cleaned their room.

Can't beat that story, LOL!!

But, once my brother fell asleep UNDER his bed and woke 3 hours later when the whole neighborhood, the police, the radio station, and CB'ers were all involved in looking for him. My poor Mother. Daddy was *always* out of town when he was needed.:D

Jan in VA

JabezRose 09-24-2012 10:39 AM

My brother did that too, only fell asleep in a closet, everyone was looking for him. Finially woke up and come out to join everyone to see what was going on. He was about six I think. This definitely brought back good memories to giggle at. Look forward to your little funnies, Ditter. Thanks and God bless.