Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Wife Of Kaufman TX. District Attorney was a quilter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/wife-kaufman-tx-district-attorney-quilter-t218309.html)

piepatch 04-05-2013 06:18 AM

Wife Of Kaufman TX. District Attorney was a quilter

Cynthia McLelland, the wife of Kaufman Texas District Attorney Mike McLelland, who was recently gunned down in their home with her husband, was a quilter. Her friends and family speak of her as a beautiful person in every way, and an avid quilter. One of her quilts was on display yesterday at the memorial service, and it was beautiful..............such a sad story.

cjackaitlin 04-05-2013 07:24 AM

Life has no meaning to some people. Hope when they find who did this he spends forever in jail.

chips88 04-05-2013 07:32 AM

so sorry to here this. this world is going to hll in a hand basket.. she was a quilter. shame that the family has to go threw this heart ache

lfstamper 04-05-2013 07:37 AM

This is so sad. We watch it on the nightly news and am so sad about this. So unnecessary. I am glad to know she was a quilter so at least the family has that to remember her by.

Country1 04-05-2013 07:57 AM

Sorry to hear about this senseless crime. I saw it on our news and felt so sorry for the family! May they have some peace and know they are in the thoughts and prayers of so many people in the country. Country1

Jingle 04-05-2013 05:26 PM

I heard a very sad Lady on the news say she had quilted with this Lady.
So many senseless deaths, makes me very sad.

mythreesuns 04-05-2013 06:36 PM

I just do not understand how people can be so mean. I feel so horrible for the entire family, friends and community.

QuiltnLady1 04-05-2013 06:55 PM

This is awful -- it amazes me that some people think nothing of killing others. I pray for the family and the community -- healing will be a long time coming.

GramMER 04-06-2013 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by piepatch (Post 5979542)
Cynthia McLelland, the wife of Kaufman Texas District Attorney Mike McLelland, who was recently gunned down in their home with her husband, was a quilter. Her friends and family speak of her as a beautiful person in every way, and an avid quilter. One of her quilts was on display yesterday at the memorial service, and it was beautiful..............such a sad story.

I read the account of her husband's death all the way over here and was appalled at the way it happened. Actually, I think the story I read said they both were killed. Another man in their company was killed earlier and it all sounds so senseless.

piepatch 04-06-2013 08:01 AM

Yes, GramMER, she and her husband were both killed in their home. An assistant DA was killed a few weeks earlier. The DA and his wife were said to be a special, loving couple who helped many along the way. Cynthia McLelland was a quilter, who is said to have loved anything connected to quilting, and taught quilting locally.