Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Will this house remodel ever get done! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/will-house-remodel-ever-get-done-t153660.html)

BellaBoo 09-17-2011 10:33 AM

New windows, painting every room, new flooring, new light fixtures, new sinks and toilets, and new countertops and maybe a cabinet redo. I may have a fit before I get to the cabinets. The last of the flooring is going in today. What a mess and it's raining. This is my last ever redoing a house while we are living in it. :lol: I

erstan947 09-17-2011 10:52 AM

It will be so worth it when you are all done!:)

blueangel 09-17-2011 10:57 AM

Think how nice it will be when it's done.

MisDixie 09-17-2011 11:11 AM

I said the same thing...last one I am ever doing when we reno'd our big house 15 years ago. Apperently I had fogotten the reno nightmare because I bought a little house 3 years ago and you guessed it we are living the reno nightmare again! Just got back from the building center with $140. more of supplies. Forgot to measure the opening for the door and will have to go back before they close today. Sigh

craftybear 09-17-2011 11:17 AM

it will be so worth it in the end,

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
New windows, painting every room, new flooring, new light fixtures, new sinks and toilets, and new countertops and maybe a cabinet redo. I may have a fit before I get to the cabinets. The last of the flooring is going in today. What a mess and it's raining. This is my last ever redoing a house while we are living in it. :lol: I

Charleen DiSante 09-17-2011 11:18 AM

My brother has been living in the same house for 30 some years and he's still remodeling. Problem is: he's the carpenter :O}.

Beachbound 09-17-2011 11:28 AM

You are not alone! Last year we painted 7 rooms, put in granate counter tops & finished a bonus room...all to sell the house. It did not sell so now we are in the middle of tiling the laundry room floor & a major redo in the master bathroom. Do I love having my washer & dryer in front of my oven and pantry? hahaha Or how about keeping a pair of flip flops in front of the bathroom door so when I need to go potty in the middle of the night I don't step on nails, etc. It does kill me that we are spending more money on the house and will have to ask for less money when we sell it, darn ecomomy! Maybe we'll end uo staying here!

QuiltE 09-17-2011 11:42 AM

I feel for you ..... I've lived in our home thru many renos ... and have lost my whole interest in doing more. Right now I want my bedroom painted ... and quite honestly, I just feel like it's another reno and keep backing away from it!

When the going gets tough ... do what I have done ....... and keep saying to yourself ... "KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE PRIZE"

It'll be well worth it, once it's done, and yes, some anxious times during ... which hopefully later you can laugh about.

collady 09-17-2011 11:44 AM

My thoughts are with you!

Tink's Mom 09-17-2011 02:31 PM

My son showed up at 10am this morning and started to do my kitchen...
All I asked for was to have him finish the blue paint on the walls...( I have been living with 2 tones of blue on the wall for the last 5 months)...and to paint the cabinets white....
He has taken my kitchen apart...mudded the walls...painted the ceiling (didn't need it...he did it 5 months ago)...and primed the basement bathroom and the basement hallway(didn't ask for this either).
He is now going home at 5:30pm and will be back sometime tomorrow...
I can't even make a cup of coffee without getting the mugs from the dining room, the coffee is in the living room on the end table, and there is paint stuff in the sink...I don't know where he put my coffee pot.
Calgon..........please take me away.