Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Will soon have more time!!!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/will-soon-have-more-time-t20495.html)

judy_68 05-24-2009 08:02 AM

Hello everybody,
I have been a member for awhile and love this board. I have been so busy with my boys that I havent had much time to be on here. But, now my youngest is graduating from high school and will hopefully not be playing sports. So, I will have so much more time to quilt and do things that I want to do. I am so looking forward to the extra time I will have. I work 50 hours a week but it will be so nice to not have to get off work and head straight to a game.
Just wanted to warn everybody that I will probably soon be asking soooo manyyyy questions.
Judy in Ohio

Moonpi 05-24-2009 08:09 AM

Ask away, Judy!

tlrnhi 05-24-2009 08:10 AM

Isn't it nice when you don't have to run around after the kids? lol
Now you can take a bit of time for yourself.

sewjoyce 05-24-2009 08:11 AM

Yep, Judy, ask away!! And show us pictures of your quilts and kids and whatever else is in your life!!

tslowery 05-24-2009 09:10 AM

Yep to the running around crazy.. Just wait till your a grandmother then you get to start all over again so your children can work and it is so much easier for you mom since YOU dont work.lol lol I need a job to get some rest. lol Love it tho at least this way you do have the option to say NO. You cant do that when it is your job as cabbie for your children as they grow into adults. Did I say they become adults???????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ninnie 05-24-2009 09:50 AM

What a great time for you! I remember those days of running, running, running. Take a deep breath and enjoy this time in your life and quilt, quilt quilt!

Ninnie

Shemjo 05-24-2009 09:59 AM

Going into another stage of your life. I remember my Mom telling me that when the kids grow and more way, the problems don't go away, they just become bigger and involve more people!
I never had kids, so I cannot speak from experience. I am just an observer! :lol: :?

judy_68 05-24-2009 10:23 AM

Well, I can't wait to have grandkids. But, for now, Im just going to enjoy a little bit of time for myself. I have so much to do. I am behind on everything since I have been going to ball games non stop ever since I can remember. I don't even remember the last time I actually bought something for the house. lol I want to redecorate and start sewing much more. For alot of years I have been buying fabric when I find it cheap so I will have plenty for when I have more time. Im excited.
My son had the chance to play ball this summer for a traveling legion team. I am glad he decided not to. He has to get a job and get ready for college. I will miss the games but not the other parents. Parents can be such a pain.
I will definately start posting pics of projects and things.
Judy in Ohio