Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Wisdom Teeth are coming out tomorrow. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/wisdom-teeth-coming-out-tomorrow-t19562.html)

collettakay 04-29-2009 09:53 AM

And I don't wanna go :cry: :cry: :cry:

I made a trip to Joann Fabrics today to distract myself. It did help, I must admit.

Keep me in your thoughts tomorrow at 11am EST.

Piedmont Quilter 04-29-2009 09:58 AM

Been there - done that! Good luck. Hope they put you to sleep - I was awake for all 4 of mine. Have to say ~ it's not as bad as you think. Will put you in prayers!

PQ
Rebecca

PamH 04-29-2009 10:01 AM

same here, been through it, they did put me to sleep. No problems--
Will keep you in my prayers.

Work on your doll swap quilt to keep you busy today.

collettakay 04-29-2009 10:41 AM

Yes they are putting me out plus local anesthesia also.

Thanks!

kwhite 04-29-2009 10:46 AM

Do yoursef a favor and today make an ice strap that fits your face. I took a long peice of fabric and put pockets for ziplock baggies filled with ice right over where my daughters cheeks were. Then I attached on top of her head with velcro. The ones they give you do not seem to fit right. And the cherrfull colors made her a bit more happy. Good luck.

amma 04-29-2009 10:48 AM

It will all go well!! I had to have all of mine pulled and a friend of mine told me to drink a lot of pineapple juice afterward, 24+ ounces a day. It has an enzyme that helps reduce swelling. I was scheduled to have my stitches removed in 10 days, I had to go in 6 days later because my gum swelling was down to the point that my stitches were loops around my gums. I had my 3 teens try this too when they had their wisdom teeth pulled and they healed very quickly, also. :D Just make sure that you follow their orders...good reasons behind them all...you do NOT want dry socket or an infection :wink:

k3n 04-29-2009 11:16 AM

Best of luck Colletta - will be thinking of you!

K x

Harmony 04-29-2009 11:35 AM

Do what they tell you to do. Take it easy the first day--it's not like you'll have any choice in the matter if you're getting a general aenesthetic, because you'll probably sleep all day. But the very next day get up and start doing stuff. You'll be right as rain before you know it!

Knot Sew 04-29-2009 11:44 AM

I guess I'm not wise, cause I only had one wisdom tooth, I sure am glad.My daughters don't have them either. My son is a real smarty, he had them :D Dentists scare me, but knocking you out is the way to go :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Ducky 04-29-2009 11:58 AM

Best of luck to you Colletta. I send positive energy your way :D Kind of like what was said before, my experience with getting all of my wisdom teeth out went MUCH better than I imagined. May the same happen to you.