Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   wondering why recipes and quilting seem to go together (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/wondering-why-recipes-quilting-seem-go-together-t69741.html)

ckcowl 10-12-2010 10:13 AM

maybe it's just the season...holidays coming
but it sure seems to me like all 3 of the QUILTING FORUMS that i belong to have been overtaken by recipes. is it just the season or is this the direction our forum is going? i don't mean to be (negative) about it, just wondering ...
seems like there should maybe be a (recipe forum) ... or cooking forum?
then the quilting forum could be for quilting. i know we have different catagories on this board so you can talk about non-quilting topics, but the recipes are coming through on the (anything-quilty) pages which makes me think this is the direction we are going...
it certainly makes it easier for me to spend less time on the forum and more time sewing, there's alot more to skip than there used to be.

amma 10-12-2010 10:28 AM

Maybe because we need to eat to be able to sew? :D:D:D

I think that most members do post recipes in the recipe section here, and a few get posted elsewhere... but no different than a picture accidentally being posted in Main, which happens often, too :wink: everyone makes a mistake now and then :D:D:D

I enjoy our recipe section, lots of great time saving recipes, so I have more time to quilt and come here too :D

cjomomma 10-12-2010 10:40 AM

I think it is because we are creative people.

np3 10-12-2010 10:51 AM

And creative people have accidents. I'm not skipping anything, I'm reading them all. If I cook great things my husband doesn't mind the hours I spend on quilting. Works for me.

ckcowl 10-12-2010 12:54 PM

i didn't mean for this to seem negative...and i really appreciate this board the most because we do have those catagories so we can post pictures, recipes, family drama ect in separate places not just in the quilting catagories...it just does seem like there are more than ever before..i'm still thinking it has to do with the holidays...and i have found a few that i have to try too :)
the other boards i belong to do not have so many different catagories so something can really take over and make it difficult to find anything to do with quilting...
we never have that problem here! :)

quiltinghere 10-12-2010 12:56 PM

I don't know about holidays - but the weather is cooling off and that means we can eat comfort foods again!

Soups and stews and chili and homemade breads and ...

Which makes me think = What's for dinner?

cjomomma 10-12-2010 01:03 PM

I didn't think you sounded negative. Ppl just are not paying attention to where they are suppose to be posting.

Ditter43 10-12-2010 02:22 PM

I think with the weather starting to cool down, and holidays around the corner, it's a natural progression.... :D

Favorite Fabrics 10-13-2010 04:48 AM

I've always thought that making soup (especially "Refrigerator Soup") is a lot like quilting... take bits of "nothing" and make "something" that's good!