Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Yes, Virginia, there is a Snow Fairy/Fairies!!!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/yes-virginia-there-snow-fairy-fairies-t173965.html)

Edie 01-01-2012 04:41 AM

Yes, Virginia, there is a Snow Fairy/Fairies!!!!!!!

Miss Bess, my avatar, quilt tester, walking buddy and old dog let out with a whoop and a holler around 2:30 this morning! I got up, listened for the wind on the house; no that wasn't it! Looked out the front door and I saw them. I saw four snow fairies. Not in glistening gowns and wings - au contraire - they were in a white pickup truck. Now, that proves it right away - a white truck - and they were shaped like young men, blue jeans, jackets, hats and shovels, not wands like you would normally see.

I quietly opened the front door and peeked out and sure enough - from our home up to the corner it was all shoveled and I saw them, honest I did, I saw them shoveling the sidewalk on the corner house directly across the street. I watched them shovel down three houses leaving the sidewalk, steps going up to the homes and the carriage walk clean as a whistle. Then they flung their shovels over their shoulders, went back to their truck, laid the shovels in the bed of the truck, climbed in the truck and drove away.

The Snow Fairies must have been in their late teens/early 20's, strong of build and very quiet. Now, I don't know if they were working off a few too many New Year toasts before they went home or if this was something that was deliberately planned. "How many sidewalks can we shovel in one night." Maybe they didn't even have a New Year toast, maybe this was probably the greatest way a young person can start off the New Year.

Why don't we hear more about these young people! God Bless them and Happy New Year! Edie

Susan G. 01-01-2012 05:05 AM

There are still some great young people in this world. We just don't hear about them, only negative stories. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful story.

gramajo 01-01-2012 05:39 AM

:thumbup: How wonderful of these snow fairies. Great way to start the new year.

Joset 01-01-2012 05:58 AM

wow that is fantastic. i still believe in fairies.

Alex J 01-01-2012 06:08 AM

what a beautiful story, Happy New Year..

annthreecats 01-01-2012 06:21 AM

Young men ROAK'ing. Nice! Happy New Year!

TnBecky 01-01-2012 06:50 AM

So nice to know that their still are some young people doing good deeds. They are far & few between, but glad that you got a chance to catch a glimpse of them. Thanks for sharing a wonderful story.

DebsShelties 01-01-2012 06:57 AM

How nice of them to think of others and do the shoveling so others would be safe.

athomenow 01-01-2012 07:00 AM

I wish we could hear more about the great young people in this country instead of giving press to the ones who do nothing good. What a wonderful story!

tutt 01-01-2012 10:23 AM

What a heart warming story to begin 2012 with! Thank you for sharing.